15. Correspondence of Pope Gregory VII-emerton
16. Imperial Lives and Letters of the eleventh century-morrison
17. Power and Holy in age of investiture conflict-miller
18. Church, state and Christian society etc-tellenbach
19. Robert of Arbrissel: A midieval religious life
20. Course reader I, II and III
21. others have not been announced yet.

Jan 20, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #79 of 92
I'm reading the one I wrote, doing some polishing on it before I announce it to HeadFi. I hope to be able to that very soon, as I hope those of you that do read it enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 20, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #80 of 92
one flew over the cuckoo's nest - ken kesey ... re-reading a favorite.

battle royale - koushun takami ... fun fun book. check out the movie too. book is still better.
biggrin.gif

live from new york : an uncensored history of saturday night live - tom shales & james andrew miller ... favorite t.v show of mine since i was a teen so i had to pick up a copy. good stuff

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #83 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I only read classics when it comes to fiction.

Right now I am reading two books :

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

and

Don Quixote Part 1 by Miguel De Cervantes

That so amazing, Those are two of my favorite books. In fact I'm reading the new translation of Don Quixote book 1, 2 and 3 by Edith Grossman. Its a very good translation and most importantly they made an unabridged audiobook from that translation. Its read very well and it's a delight to read along with it. On amazon its $60 which to me is well worth it.

May 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #85 of 92
Hmm, I've finished a few in the past week. I finally finished Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. I also read Vladimir Nabokov's Mary, Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. I'm now around a quarter of the way through Saul Bellow's Humboldt's Gift.

Les Mis was incredible. Mary was a bore. The Scarlet Letter was brilliant. So far, Humboldt's Gift is fantastic - very colourful, funny, and insightful.

edit - Crap. Why the hell did the search engine tell me that this thread had recent posts? It seems I've resurrected a very old thread. My bad :frowning2:

May 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #86 of 92
Currently reading Stranger in a Strange Land. Just finished World War Z, which was awesome - highly recommended.

EDIT: ^Heh, I just noticed that too, Dublo. Guess it's an active thread now!

May 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #87 of 92
I've just finished the third book of the Ender Saga. I consider myself somewhat of a science fiction neard, but I had totally missed that until about a year ago. Great stuff so far!

I've basically re-discovered reading ever since I've bought my Sony ebook reader. I love the little beast, it's just so convenient to use in the tram on my way to work.

May 13, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #88 of 92

Quote:
I've just finished the third book of the Ender Saga. I consider myself somewhat of a science fiction neard, but I had totally missed that until about a year ago. Great stuff so far!

I've basically re-discovered reading ever since I've bought my Sony ebook reader. I love the little beast, it's just so convenient to use in the tram on my way to work.

Oh man, yeah, the Ender Books are my favorite. Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide are all outstanding, IMO, as is Ender's Shadow, the first Bean spinoff. Children of the Mind is meh - kind of boring, slow and annoying, but you have to see how the trilogy finishes, right? The sequels to Ender's Shadow are the books I think are pretty missable - they're entertaining, but that's about it - they mostly have value as fun action novels with familiar characters.

If you haven't read the Hyperion Cantos yet, that would be my next recommendation for outstanding sci-fi.

May 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #89 of 92
not reading but finished rading about a week ago - Steig Larsson's Millenium trilogy (Girl With Dragon Tattoo etc.) and all I can say is they are the best books I have ever read, truely amazing - such a shame he has passed away

May 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #90 of 92

Quote:
not reading but finished rading about a week ago - Steig Larsson's Millenium trilogy (Girl With Dragon Tattoo etc.) and all I can say is they are the best books I have ever read, truely amazing - such a shame he has passed away

Awesome books. I haven't read the third one yet, but looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back