What Book Are you Reading?
Aug 23, 2003 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I have become a lazy reader. Can't remember the last book I read. Just wondering what you folks are reading?

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
A few suggestions from a similar question.

wink.gif
biggrin.gif
no change for me, though The Book of Five Rings did arrive. If you ever buy used [I use amazon] or are searching for a hard to find or out of print book the you must have, many kudos to Abebooks. Great communications and timely updates. If they are searching for you title, you can bet they will keep getting back to you until they find it.

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 92
I'm trying to find something really new. read a bunch of Neal Stephenson books in a row...I want to reread Cryptonomicon, but not just now.

it's kinda hard if you don't want a translation, while most good writers don't write in Dutch, and stores hardly sell any English books...
rolleyes.gif

perhaps I'll order the Neuromancer, if I can remember who wrote it
tongue.gif
I don't want to fall into the magazine-trap again (easy to pick up and get into, but in the end not satisfying).

for those looking for a recommendation, Sarah Waters is a great read, I was totally entangled by Affinity!

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 92
Connecting with the Cosmos: Nine Ways to Experience the Wonder of the Universe by Donald Goldsmith. At 38, I'm just beginning to discover our vast universe, so I have taken up amateur astronomy. Keep asking myself why I didn't do this years ago. Fascinating...mind boggling...exciting!

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
no change for me, though The Book of Five Rings did arrive. If you ever buy used [I use amazon] or are searching for a hard to find or out of print book the you must have, many kudos to Abebooks. Great communications and timely updates. If they are searching for you title, you can bet they will keep getting back to you until they find it.

Great recommendation, Fractus. I've used ABE for years to fill out all of the holes in my book collection. I've managed to find virtually everything I've ever wanted in the world of literature from them. Outstanding site.
Oh, and as for what I am currently reading, its the most recent installment in the superb Terry Goodkind "Sword of Truth" series, "Naked Empire". Wonderful fantasy/sword & sorcery.

JC

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #8 of 92
Just finished Harry potter 5 and red storm rising(again). Reading The Hunt for Red October (again). Next, I have to read some crappy book for AP english.

Aug 24, 2003 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 92
Ender's Game is up next.

JMT - Audiogon has a catalog? Or do you mean AudioSomethingElse? Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
perhaps I'll order the Neuromancer, if I can remember who wrote it

I know you probably got this by now, but it's Gibson.

Aug 24, 2003 at 4:36 AM Post #14 of 92
Done with HP 5 as well...

Now I'm reading The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Next up is Bearing An Hourglass by Piers Anthony (2nd book in the Incarnations of Immortality series). I liked the first one a lot so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back