What book are you reading right now?
Aug 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #1,579 of 5,345

Quote:

Hey! Glad to see another Stephenson fan, ever since my aunt sent me a copy of SnowCrash I have been hooked on his writting.  In fact, right now I am reading Quicksilver, the first of his Baroque Novels, it is a different style than his normal works, but very interesting read!

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #1,580 of 5,345
Just finished The Count of Monte Cristo.  Awesome!  I felt the ending was a bit rushed though.  I expected some greater repentance for what he did to M. de Villefort.  Now I'm not sure if I want to continue reading An American Tragedy, which I stopped reading about 3 weeks ago since I lost it, or pick up a new book... 

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #1,583 of 5,345

Re-reading book 3 in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Simply epic. A must-read series for all fantasy fans.

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #1,586 of 5,345
Quote:
Sam Harris - The end of faith.  Great read, very interesting and informative.  I also recommend listening to his talks on youtube.

It is really very good. Anything written by any of the Four Horsemen typically is. I particularly enjoyed Dawkins' The God Delusion.

Reading (or re-reading, I should say) The Odyssey right now as part of a college course on European Literature through the ages. An absolute classic.

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #1,587 of 5,345
The Art Of Raising a Puppy by The Monks of New Skeet.
I'm liking this book because of the focus and tone. Clearly the writer loves his dogs, and translates this love into no-nonsense "here it is"
reality. I was having some difficulty with my chihuahua pups and picked this book up just before I went crazy. It didn't solve my problem,
but I have a good chance now that know what it actually is. Great book, informative and a fun read too.

Aug 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #1,589 of 5,345
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back