What book are you reading right now?
Jul 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #1,546 of 5,345
The Swarm by Frank Schatzing

Slightly disappointed. Excellent reading, but all the synopses I read before gave me the indication that this would be the polar opposite to Michael Crichton's State of Fear - a scientific research backed fictional story agreeing with global warming (as opposed to SofF which is a scientific research backed fictional story disagreeing with the public theory of global warming). As it would be, it takes a turn towards the more...fantastic...Still, reasonably satisfied with the reading and overall, a rather entertaining story.

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #1,549 of 5,345
Finished reading "The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains" by Nicholas Carr about a month ago.

Currently reading "American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot" by Craig Ferguson (just love that guy); almost finished reading that one.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #1,550 of 5,345
Since I lost An American Tragedy and I was going away to camp for a week, I decided to bring The Count of Monte Cristo with me.  I'm like 2/3 of the way through now and I love it so far.  I saw the anime Gankutsuou, which is based on the Count of Monte Cristo, so it's cool to actually read the story.  For some reason I have a hard time concentrating on the book though.  I read most parts 2-3 times since I feel like it's just going straight through my head.  Even so, it's still fascinating.

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #1,554 of 5,345

Main Street by Sinclair Lewis .

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #1,558 of 5,345

Quote:
Snow Crash, right now.

Up next, I, have 1984.

Love Snow Crash, have you read Anathem, if not you should check it out (preferably the audiobook
biggrin.gif
).

Right now Green Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, a bit tedious at some times.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #1,560 of 5,345

Quote:
Love Snow Crash, have you read Anathem, if not you should check it out (preferably the audiobook
biggrin.gif
).

Right now Green Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, a bit tedious at some times.

I'm still trudging through Blue Mars. The tedium does not end. 

Quote:
Finished "Anthem" by Ayn Rand and now I'm reading "The Fountainhead" by the same author....next book will be "Atlas Shrugged".

Interesting Rand kick you've got going there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back