What book are you reading right now?
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #1,564 of 5,346
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which was fantastic coming from someone who's only flirted with reading philosophy.

Then I read the four books in the Ringworld Series by Larry Niven. The first one was easily the best and most awe-inspiriing, I enjoyed the rest but they weren't quite as magical. I don't think I'd be that interested in reading any of his Known Space novels, even if they're set in the same universe.

First post in the thread btw. I am 26. My mum read to me as a child and I've never been in a position where I've not been reading something or other, book or otherwise.

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #1,568 of 5,346
Pat Frank's Alas, Babylon. I'm diggin' it.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #1,569 of 5,346
Currently reading the last instalment of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Quote:
I've started reading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, only because it was referenced in a Doctor Who message board. 

I once had a cassette version of the audio book, I think it was read by Douglas Adams himself and it was very funny.

Quote:
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which was fantastic coming from someone who's only flirted with reading philosophy.

heavy reading for just flirting with philosophy  :)

may I suggest this

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #1,571 of 5,346
Ten Commandments - T.Mann, R.West, F.Werfel, J.Erskine, B.Frank, J.Romains, A.Maurois, S.Undset, H.Willem van Loon, L.Bromfield (ten short novels about Hitler´s war against moral code)

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #1,572 of 5,346
Just finished...

44559330.jpg

Just started...

60458841.jpg

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #1,573 of 5,346
World Without End by Ken Follet. I just began this. It's a sequel to Pillars of the Earth. Great story so far.
I recently read Under the Dome by Stephen King. Yawn. Weaksauce. C'mon SK, give it up. You lost it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back