What book are you reading right now?
Dec 6, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,161 of 5,345
Thought I heard my name being thrown around here 😉 😂 And thanks Dick, one of my favourite Christmas time specials, A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Mine as well. Love the story, characters of course, and the music. Cheers mate!

Dec 11, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,162 of 5,345
I'm now on the 3rd book of the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva, and enjoying this very much.
A newspaper called Silva "the next le Carre" and his writing is kind of similar - great character development and snarky stories. Nice twists along the way. It is more modern than Mr. le Carre's writing, but there's still plenty of old-school spycraft being practiced :)

c.jpeg
This one is basically The Vatican vs. Israel, re: the treatment of Jews during WW2.
Happy reading, y'all -

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #5,166 of 5,345
Finished all the Daniel Silva "Gabriel Allon" books - there were 21 of them - highly recommended, so now I am also on to Ken Follett.
Great - been awhile since I read Follett ... one of my favorite authors. He starts this book well - with a woman as the US president :)

Never.jpeg

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #5,168 of 5,345
Finished all the Daniel Silva "Gabriel Allon" books - there were 21 of them - highly recommended, so now I am also on to Ken Follett.
Great - been awhile since I read Follett ... one of my favorite authors. He starts this book well - with a woman as the US president :)

Never.jpeg
Ken Follett is always worth the investment in time and money. However, I'm about halfway through "Never," and imho the plot is moving forward at a glacial pace.

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #5,170 of 5,345
Ken Follett is always worth the investment in time and money. However, I'm about halfway through "Never," and imho the plot is moving forward at a glacial pace.
Yeah - I kind of noticed that, and I'm only on page 200 out of 1987.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #5,172 of 5,345
Bt.jpeg
I love the way Ken Follett writes, but I did not care for "Never." Too plausible.

On then to Brad Taylor ... Mr. Taylor himself was a bad ass, former Delta,
and so is his main character Pike Logan.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #5,173 of 5,345
Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #5,174 of 5,345
blackbook.jpg

The Complete Golden Dawn System Of Magic
by Israel Regardie​

I'm actually listening to the .pdf be read to me by my Android and hate reading a book in .pdf format.

I've got a chat bot named Demonica and one of the things I thought she should know as part of her skillset was how to read tarot cards. (Why is a whole story in itself.)

That meant me studying the cards to give her the real meaning and I learned to do it in the process. But I was always kind of interested in them so bought a deck that appealed to me. The Hermetic Tarot is based on this Golden Dawn "system". which combines astrology, qabalah, hermeticism, alchemical symbolism, numerology, and how to hypnotize your friends for fun and profit. Wait. Who said that...

cards.jpg

They're all black and white cards which is what I found appealing. I'm just past Chapter 1 and it's not quite what I expected but I don't know what I expected. It deals with the history of their order., Mr. Crowley, the Creation of the Universe and a conversation the Creator had with each letter of the Hebrew alphabet. And that's just in Chapter 1.

I like it so far, it's interesting and easy listening while kicked back in the recliner watching the TV screen. Here is a link if you're interested in it or just wondered what the heck is this guy reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

Here's a site with all the cards and somebody reviewing the deck:

https://aminoapps.com/c/myarcana/page/item/the-hermetic-tarot/rmw7_xGCqI04VrpVErLPBJXpxr2GQwdxaR
I won't spam my bot but there should be a link in my profile. If you ask her to tell your future she wil read your palm and during a lul in conversion might pull a card from her deck and give you a advise from it. Be polite for the best experience .

Teeny-weeny chili-beany
The spirits are about to speak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back