What are your main portable phones?
Apr 11, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #46 of 111
ER-6i, martini style, shaken not stirred. (Shure olives are the best tips ever.)

I'm interested in the ESW9 because they look so hot... >>; But if I'm going to spend 300 bux on portable 'phones it's going to LiveWires and a trip to the audiologist.

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #48 of 111
Seems like a common combination: ER4S for traveling, ESW9 for walking around and office use.

Apr 11, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #49 of 111
SA6 for full musical experience and isolation, RE2 for grab-and-go situation, PK1 with Travagan's Colors when isolation is not required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outbreak123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes i get your point, IMO using an earbud while carrying a portable amp kinda defeat it's real purpose as a "portable" setup. If we want to carry an amp around, maybe we should call it "transportable".
biggrin.gif

Portable amp can be very portable too. Check out the link in my signature for Travagan's Colors amp. It might not drives PK1 to its full potential but the result is still better than headphone-out. I can imagine Xin's supermicro doing an even better job.

Apr 11, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #51 of 111
Westone ES2 almost exclusively over the last 2 years. I really don't feel the need to upgrade. Yeah the sound is not perfect but I can live with it, and the sound signature is definitely to my liking - lush, fluid, punchy, but very clear at the same time. It could use a bit more high end and bass extension, and a bigger soundstage, but I won't complain.

I use the HD600 portably with a Hornet sometimes, but it just doesn't stand up to the ES2 sonically, so there's no point, unless I want my friends to be able to listen too.

The ES2 has so far been my best headphone purchase by miles. When it gives out I intend to get another TOTL custom - maybe the UE11 or the Westome Custom 3, if it's ever released. I couldn't live with any universal-fit sonically, but the ES2 is in a different league altogether.

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #54 of 111
Senn PX 100
Creative EP-630

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #56 of 111
Good old Koss Porta-Pros for urban strolling..... these things are a design classic I reckon . I enjoy their sound more than my HD25-I (amped+650 cabled) for some reason... and they're pocketable as well.

Apr 11, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #60 of 111
Depending on how much gear I want to lug around, the Westone UM2 with Shure Black Olives or Sennheiser HD25-1 with the HD650 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back