What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #40,294 of 136,256
^^^That Joseph Arthur album is really good, I have to dig it out, I haven't heard it in a while.  Always meant to get something else by him but never did after getting that one ages ago.  Also, @ ramushorn, that Mogwai record is one of my all-time favourites. 

I'm currently listening to this a bit before bed:

Mark Kozelek   Carry Me Ohio (live)

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #40,296 of 136,256
Amon Tobin - Chaos Theory

625978110027.jpg

Amon Tobin - Taxidermia

o1625486.jpg

Amon Tobin - Bricolage

artworks-000018461944-wkzm9c-original.jpg

Amon Tobin - Permutation

AMON%20TOBIN%20%5Bfront%5D.jpg

Amon Tobin - Supermodified

Supermodified-cover.jpg

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #40,298 of 136,256

I just recently acquired the 2012 HDTracks remaster in 96 / 24. It sounds fantastic to me. Vinyl fans may differ, but I don't think there is much more that can ever be extracted from what happened in 1966 / 1967, and I don't see much chance of anything replacing this as my reference copy. If this isn't as good as this album ever gets, it has to be extremely close, and it's close enough for me.

Listening to "Twentieth Century Fox" and it just sounds huge with great low end, big soundstage and realistic cymbals.

Love it. 
smile.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #40,299 of 136,256

[size=inherit] [size=inherit]Let it rain a day, a week, a year[size=inherit]Let it rain a thousand years a day[/size][size=inherit]That's the divine answer to all the shed tears[/size][size=inherit]That's the cyclic Flood well known by those who know[/size][/size]
[/size]

[size=11.666666030883789px] [size=inherit]
[size=inherit] [size=inherit] [size=inherit]
  1. [size=inherit]

[size=inherit] [size=inherit]One drop for every broken dream[size=inherit]and one for every conceived plan[/size][size=inherit]Our seeds sown larger[/size][size=inherit]Our roots will go deeper[/size][size=inherit]Our trees will grow higher and now we wait the rain[/size][size=inherit]Let cry the skies to cleanse the souls[/size][size=inherit]Let fall the seas to wash the pain away[/size][size=inherit]That's the final run to the New Age[/size][size=inherit]That's the first step beyond the threshold of this world[/size][size=inherit]One drop for every broken dream[/size][size=inherit]and one for every conceived plan[/size][size=inherit]Our seeds sown larger[/size][size=inherit]Our roots will go deeper[/size][size=inherit]Our trees will grow higher and now we call the rain[/size][size=inherit]Here rings a warning[/size][size=inherit]A day of wrath for all the days of war[/size][size=inherit]A storm of fury[/size][size=inherit]to calm the hunger left[/size][size=inherit]Our seeds sown larger[/size][size=inherit]Our roots will go deeper[/size][size=inherit]Our trees will grow higher and now we bring the rain[/size][size=inherit]Our seeds - larger[/size][size=inherit]Our roots - deeper[/size][size=inherit]Our trees - higher and we - stronger[/size][/size]
    [/size]

[size=11.666666030883789px] [size=inherit] [size=inherit] [size=inherit] [size=inherit]
    [/size]
    [/size]
    [/size]
    [/size]

[/size]

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[/size]

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #40,300 of 136,256
Quote:

I just recently acquired the 2012 HDTracks remaster in 96 / 24. It sounds fantastic to me. Vinyl fans may differ, but I don't think there is much more that can ever be extracted from what happened in 1966 / 1967, and I don't see much chance of anything replacing this as my reference copy. If this isn't as good as this album ever gets, it has to be extremely close, and it's close enough for me.

Listening to "Twentieth Century Fox" and it just sounds huge with great low end, big soundstage and realistic cymbals.

Love it. 
smile.gif

The new Analogue Productions 45s are the definitive copies, IMO. Most of the guys on SH say the DCC CDs are the definitive digital, though the new SACDs give them a run for their money. Some prefer one or the other but it seems agreed that the new 45s are flat out the best.

IIRC the Rhino LPs were the same master as the HDTracks version and that's not a bad thing.

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #40,304 of 136,256
[size=small]Who's Next[/size]

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #40,305 of 136,256
So far today:

http://locirecords.bandcamp.com/album/dusk-to-dawn

YS - Tired of the World

Users who are viewing this thread

Back