What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #40,306 of 136,589

Guess what came in the mail today! 
L3000.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #40,308 of 136,589

I have an extreme love/hate relationship with the production of this album. The grit of the recording matches the band, but I'd also love some added clarity.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #40,309 of 136,589

Gil Scott-Heron - New York Is Killing Me (Chris Cunningham Remix)

Beck - Broken Drum (Boards of Canada Remix)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (Acoustic Version)

Fugazi - Recap modotti

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #40,311 of 136,589
Quote:

Pop music rarely appeals to me but I like Gangnam Style. I even bought it on iTunes. I feel that typically the songs that are popular among the general public are really awful (read: total garbage) but I don't have anything against Gangnam Style.

Edit
Oh right, here's a link to Aura Qualic's remix of Gangnam Style, which is available as a free download (click 'Buy this track' for the download):
http://soundcloud.com/auraqualic/psy-gangnam-style-aura-qualic

Same here! I agree with you on most popular music. I do find some great ones here and there, but most are just commercial and that's it.  PSY on the other hand, I feel he's doing his own thing and I couldn't be more happy for him as he's helped bring exposure to the Korean music industry internationally.

Thanks for sharing that remix, I like it!!
beyersmile.png

After giving "Gangnam Style" another listen, I am now listening to this:

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #40,312 of 136,589
Quote:

Oh I love Charlie Winston! I only have his second album, though. Need to get this one and his debut as soon as possible (better write that down so I don't forget).

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #40,319 of 136,589
Rages Against the Machine - S/T 20th Anniversary Vinyl
My Bloody Valentine - mbv (Bought totally based on mastering pedigree. Hope it's good)
Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (Normally don't get GH stuff, but this is an exception, especially since the master is great.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back