What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #39,736 of 136,202

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #39,742 of 136,202
Quote:
This is great! Demo'ing it on iTunes and I want the CD!!!
YesAsia has it for a tad bit cheaper. It's only because they are imported and not available in the US. iTunes Store also has his work as well.
http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/dj-okawari/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.+Dj+Okawari-en/list.html

Quote:
Just listened to the title track. Totally into it. Gotta get it all. WHY IS THE CD SO EXPENSIVE?

I'm glad you enjoy it. I know what you mean though, it seems like all these japanese hip-hop artist that mix jazz into it are hard to come by and discover and their CDs are just as hard to find too.
Perfect music for any weather, a bottle of wine, and a few smokes sitting on the lanai.

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #39,748 of 136,202

The Stranglers - No More Heroes (1977)

Ray Wylie Hubbard - The Grifter's Hymnal (2012)

Gotta love these lines from Ray Wylie Hubbard in the song "New Year's Eve At The Gates Of Hell":

"[size=medium]Now I know I’m funky and strip bar dirty [/size]
[size=medium]And I like a Les Paul through a Vox AC30 [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]There’s something about a lipstick pickup [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]Plugged right into a Blond Tremolux [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]But I guess I deserve to be burned alive [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]Since I pawned my ’59 ES 335 [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]And sure I drank a lot of gin and tonic [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]But I never threw away my Panasonic [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]I kept that turntable through my divorce [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]Playing Neil Young and Crazy Horse [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]Drunk out of my mind singing Tonight’s The Night [/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]It was as lethal on vinyl as China White..." [/size]
k701smile.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #39,749 of 136,202
Quote:
Quote:
Atoms for Peace - AMOK

+1
Its pretty damn good!

Yes? I've been on the fence about ordering it or not after getting the email notification. I haven't listened to the other Atoms for Peace release, and was wondering if I should order both while I'm at it. How would you describe the genre, the sound, to a newbie? I have all Radiohead releases, and my musical collection ranges pretty varied, so am open to different things...

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #39,750 of 136,202

Users who are viewing this thread

Back