What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #39,753 of 136,664
[size=small]Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o8o-vi_Ovxg

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #39,754 of 136,664
Quote:
So far today I've listened to:

Horace SilverThe Cape Verdean Blues

Awesome Horace Silver album!! Going to be picking this up on vinyl in the near future.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #39,755 of 136,664

Mark Kozelek    Glenn Tipton  (live)

Still haven't heard that Atoms for Peace record yet.  It seems I need to check it out.  I was on the fence slightly, but having almost a whole page of this thread praising it has removed any hesitation I guess. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #39,758 of 136,664

[size=125%] Kusudama - Jazz TV[/size]

Do you think all music is the same? Do you think you’ve heard it all?
The musicians of the band KUSUDAMA (Minsk City) will dispel your illusions.
Their mini-album Jazz TV will blow up your mind.
In this music you’ll find the mix of unusual and unimaginable combinations which become real.
Jazz and hard music.

Phil Thornton - Tibetan Meditation

Deep relaxing and full of atmospheric layers. Composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist Phil Thornton has collaborated with Sinead O'Connor, Hossam Ramzy, Talking Heads, Die Laughing, and the English psychedelic band Mandragon. Tibetan Meditation music CDs His solo experiments have encompassed electronica, tribal fusion, Celtic music, and New Age ambience, with a particular attention to cross-genre exploration, the juxtaposition of unusual instruments, and high production values.

Peace - Follow Baby

When I listened this single I thought it was one of the 80's post punk bands, something I missed but for my surprise the band is a band that recently formed in this decade. Deep bass like Joy Division and bands with that sound. This is the song that is launching the band to the path of fame. I hope they keep making good works like this.

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #39,759 of 136,664
Now playing:

A lovely album consisting of traditional pop standards with an orchestral backing. The songs sound like they could very well be from an album recorded in the 50s, but the difference is that this album was recorded on analog tape in the early 80s and sounds spectacular (I'm not saying recordings from the 50s don't have good sound quality, many of them are reference quality in my books, just saying this album sound really, really good). I think I'm very picky when it comes to vocals but I believe this album is a must hear for anyone who is a fan of female vocals even if the musical style isn't quite up your alley. The version I have was mastered purely in the analog domain before A/D conversion which likely plays its part in the overall sound quality of the disc I have, but I would assume that any other release out there should sound really good as well unless they've been really butchered in remastering.

I would recommend checking out the Wikipedia article for those who are interested but not previously familiar with the album.

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #39,761 of 136,664
Quote:

How is it? I've been wanting to buy the album ever since I saw it at my local record store, but I've been on the fence since I already have so many Arvo Pärt albums and not every single one of his compositions is a masterpiece.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #39,763 of 136,664
Andreya Triana - Lost Where I Belong

Bonobo - Black Sands

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #39,764 of 136,664
Envy on the Coast - Lowcountry - Like I Do

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #39,765 of 136,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back