What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #35,479 of 136,051
Quote:
"Tempest" - Bob Dylan

I've been listening to 'Tempest' since the day it came out, and I'm still liking it more and more. It takes me awhile to absorb a new Dylan album. With Dylan, the proof is always in the lyrics and the word-play. The more I listen to 'Tempest', the more I like it. Dylan's always got something to say, and once again I find his commentary interesting and enjoyable. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #35,480 of 136,051

Eels - Hombre Lobo

I never stop searching for new music. This album came out in 2009, but I just found it this week.

This is my pick of the week. From sometimes almost too personal ballads to outright rockers, these '12 Songs Of Desire' paint a picture.

It's been my "go-to" record all week and has earned a place in my collection.

It's quite good! It's dark, but also uplifting in a strange way.  
smile.gif
  Check it out...

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #35,482 of 136,051

"War, Children, it's just a shot away!"

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #35,483 of 136,051
Mumford & Sons - Babel

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #35,488 of 136,051
Quote:
I like the look of that, and the sound of the Richter Schubert disc you mentioned earlier 
popcorn.gif

The MJQ album is an interesting one, half blues standards and some bluesy takes on some Bach faves. It's got a really nice warm recorded sound, but it's definitely chilling out music. The familiar  "Jesu, Joy of man's desiring" sounds lovely on Milt's vibraphone.

Yeah if you like schubert, even the hardest purist I imagine would find it hard not to be moved by Richters take on the 894 sonata. He's in the zone! It's one of those great performances that will also put you in another place if you give it your upmost attention. Beautiful.

Here is some footage of the great man playing the start of it,

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX4NH7yHFKI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back