What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #34,831 of 136,011
Quote:
I'm not sure. My guess is "got some tail".

You know what? I think you're correct! 
smile.gif

For some reason, no matter what headphones or speakers I used, I was always trying to figure that out. It isn't even a real line from the song. It's just the spoken intro. That makes total sense in light of the rest of the lyrics of "Stray Cat Blues."

I think that's it. Thanks for solving the mystery for me. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #34,832 of 136,011
Quote:

No idea. 
rolleyes.gif
 I had to buy the entire album download from HDTracks for just one song "Sympathy For The Devil." 

No you didn't! Better take another listen!!! "Sympathy For The Devil" is an undeniably legendary track, but it's not the only thing worth listening to on that album. The entire thing is fantastic from start to finish. "Street Fighting Man" is an obvious example, but I have a real weakness for "Dear Doctor." It's corny, but sweet and hilarious. It's a story song laden with Keef's vocals, and you gotta love that! It's a band from across the pond singing about stereo-typical life in Virginia. You can virtually hear The Stones falling in love with America on that song. What more could you ask for?

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #34,833 of 136,011
Quote:
Quote:

No idea. 
rolleyes.gif
 I had to buy the entire album download from HDTracks for just one song "Sympathy For The Devil." 

No you didn't! Better take another listen!!! "Sympathy For The Devil" is an undeniably legendary track, but it's not the only thing worth listening to on that album. The entire thing is fantastic from start to finish. "Street Fighting Man" is an obvious example, but I have a real weakness for "Dear Doctor." It's corny, but sweet and hilarious. It's a story song laden with Keef's vocals, and you gotta love that! It's a band from across the pond singing about stereo-typical life in Virginia. You can virtually hear The Stones falling in love with America on that song. What more could you ask for?

Will preview the album later this evening. The reason is I'm not really a big Stones fan and can count the number of songs I like from their 40(?) years of rockin' out on one hand. But man, the estimated five songs I do like are special! Still, 
blink.gif
 that was a lot of dough for one track...

Let's see what tonight's session brings with this album revisited.

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #34,838 of 136,011

[size=1.8333em] Tom Waits -  "I Hope I don't Fall in Love with You"[/size]

Closing Time

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #34,841 of 136,011
Indeed! Like with most bands, the best stuff is typically not the commercial hits. "No expectations" and "Salt Of the Earth" are my faves on this album. Sympathy and Street are great but the radio has force fed them to us far too often. Anyone notice how the whole line leading up to and including "the Kennedys" has been dropped from the live performances/recordings of 'Sympathy' for more than the last twenty years?
Quote:

Quote:

Will preview the album later this evening. The reason is I'm not really a big Stones fan and can count the number of songs I like from their 40(?) years of rockin' out on one hand. But man, the estimated five songs I do like are special! Still, 
blink.gif
 that was a lot of dough for one track...

Let's see what tonight's session brings with this album revisited.

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #34,842 of 136,011
Wow, this takes me back. I won this on vinyl on the chance wheel at a Jersey boardwalk amusement park as a kid. I heard a live version of Slick Black Cadillac from the original Randy Rhoads 70's QR where he made car horn sounds with his guitar that were really impressive as a lead-in to the song.
Quote:

Quote:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #34,843 of 136,011
Deadmau5 - For Lack Of A Better Name.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #34,845 of 136,011
Specifically, Clipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back