What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #34,157 of 136,247
Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You (1972)

61vzmENs6WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Phyllis Hyman - Love Songs (2006)

41iLabjo9yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #34,158 of 136,247

Bender ..........................................................................................................................................................ahumado granujo

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #34,159 of 136,247
Steely Dan - Gaucho

Amazingly good mastering :)

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #34,164 of 136,247

I recently considered getting the Deluxe edition of this album but read that the original Virgin remaster had 'better' sound quality. I found the Virgin remaster yesterday whilst on holiday in Costa Blanca and am currently listening to it and sipping a Blue Hawaiian - rockin'! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #34,165 of 136,247
Quote:

I recently considered getting the Deluxe edition of this album but read that the original Virgin remaster had 'better' sound quality. I found the Virgin remaster yesterday whilst on holiday in Costa Blanca and am currently listening to it and sipping a Blue Hawaiian - rockin'! 
beerchug.gif

I need to put this on now, it's so fun to listen to. There's so many influences on this album...

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #34,166 of 136,247

One of my favourite soundtracks, didn't care much about the movie though.

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #34,168 of 136,247

translated from English to English

Nazareth Love Hurts Lyrics

Translation in progress. Please wait...
loader.gif

Songwriters: Chambers, Karina / Monaco, Katherine / Schjolin, Morten / Ingoldsby, Denis Noel

Of course, as preformed/seen live, by Nassereth in the 70's

Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and mars,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Im young, I know,
But even so
I know a thing, or two
I learned, from you
I really learned a lot,
Really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot

Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
They're not foolin me

I know it isn't true,
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie,
Made to make you blue
Love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
Ooh,ooh love hurts

I know it isn't true,
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie,
Made to make you blue
Ooh ooh love hurts

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #34,169 of 136,247
Quote:

beerchug.gif

That album holds such a special place in my heart. It was released on June 9, 1978. I went to see the Stones for the first time just a few days later on June 17, 1978, at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. All of those songs were brand new to me and everyone else when I got to see them play them live. For that concert, they had "festival seating," meaning no reserved seats. (This was before all those people were trampled to death at The Who concert in Cincinnati in 1979.) People had been waiting outside the stadium for about a week in advance of the show as that was the best way to get close to the stage. Just try to imagine the condition of thousands of Stones fans who had been living and partying in a parking lot for about a week in 1978! There was a full-scale riot before the show as mounted police attacked the crowd waiting to get in, and I was right in the middle of it! 
eek.gif
 It was an unforgettable experience to say the least!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_US_Tour_1978

Also, remember, in 1978 Keith Richards was facing very serious heroin charges in Canada, and it looked like he might be going away for a very long time. No one knew Keith's fate at that point. (And that is what the song, "Before They Make Me Run" is all about...)

You will still need to pick up a copy of the Deluxe Edition, because it has 12 extra songs. To me, the best of them is one of Keith's songs called, "We Had It All." It's just a fantastic Keith song that had been lost to history until recently.

Enjoy your vacation! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back