What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #24,946 of 136,062

Quote:
You certainly don't need to be a fan of P-funk to enjoy it. 
cool.gif
  Luckily my dad had purchased a lot of Parliament, Funkadelic, George Clinton back in the day, so I get to inherit those records.  I still buy the LPs if I see them in the used bin just because I think it's a good habit to buy at least one extra copy of good vinyl LPs (if LPs are your thing), especially more rare records that never made it to CD.  I've only seen "Funk or Walk" for sale on LP and the occasional 8 track or cassette.  As far as I know it was only released on CD in Japan, never in the US, and the Japan CDs are expensive if you can find them.  I plan to needle drop this one so I can have a digital copy and then burn it to disc to archive.  Sadly, it's one of those albums that may become extinct if not preserved.  Good hunting. 

YEP.  i certainly enjoy me with some good old funk music.  hunting for good music is also fun. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #24,960 of 136,062
38094.jpg

great semi-official bootleg w/ a lot of B-takes and unreleased versions :cool:

I met Guru (RIP) and Primo way back in the day when they did a show with Chubb Rock after this album dropped.  Most down to Earth cats you could ever meet.

I had no idea that Guru deceased last year...you start getting older when all your favorite artists are gone I guess. James Brown, Peter Tosh, Joseph Hill, I-Roy(who died at 55 as a bum, I hope the same won't happen to Apple Gabriel :mad:), Gregory Isaacs...the list goes on and on :triportsad:

But luckily, we got autotune and ladygaga now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back