What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #24,526 of 137,786
fatcat28037:
Look at my post #13, I've used this thread to create a history of what I listen to. It gives me some insight as to how my musical tastes change and prompts me to go back and listen to albums I haven't enjoyed lately. I think it's a good way to use this thread.

For three years and a half, you have been updating that post. Tip o' the hat sir.

--

Estatic Fear  A Sombre Dance

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #24,528 of 137,786

images

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #24,534 of 137,786
I do agree.  I have a bad habit of communicating in absolutes.  Always imo, of course (c;

Quote:
@ rehabitat ; Well said and I can understand why you would say so albeit only at the exclusion of the competition included in this compilation for such "highest" honor(s) gives me pause from being in complete agreement :wink:
- great art often allows for the beholder being intrinsic in such use of descriptive terms as "Best" ; a degree of subjectivity due to a listeners personal perspective and therefore preference(s) ...
Ummm, at the risk of being stereotypically colloquial : "it's all good stuff" :wink:

-Dead

No Words/No Thoughts

Swans

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #24,537 of 137,786

Quote:
I do agree.  I have a bad habit of communicating in absolutes.  Always imo, of course (c;

No Words/No Thoughts

Swans

Those photos remind me of the passport photo machine at my local post office. Even if you are a self-loathing misanthrope, after coming out of the machine the photos they produce throw you into some sort of existential grief...

"My god... is that really Me?"

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #24,539 of 137,786
MrQ:
Those photos remind me of the passport photo machine at my local post office. Even if you are a self-loathing misanthrope, after coming out of the machine the photos they produce throw you into some sort of existential grief...

"My god... is that really Me?"

I possess a couple of old videos from my college days. We're all tossed in them. It's either depressing or hilarious as hell to watch and realize that you were/are just another wanker. 

--

Agalloch  Marrow of the Spirit

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #24,540 of 137,786
Call of a Sufi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back