What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #17,942 of 136,241
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't planning on it, but I'm taking "Bad Romance" for a spin for the sake of an argument on another Music thread.
tongue.gif

Sureeeeeeeeee, you know what I think after reading that. You've been craving Gaga and couldn't wait to fire some up.
wink.gif

--

Goldfrapp
51VNZ62VFmL._SS500_.jpg
Head First

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #17,943 of 136,241
My bootleg of the Beastie Boys live Xmas 1983 at the Kitchen NYC
2nd generation MD from original vhs tape
LoFi all the way

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #17,945 of 136,241
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goldfrapp - Head First

I like Goldfrapp but I was a bit underwhelmed by this release, its very trendy for 80's revival and if Xanadu is your speed this will fit right in.

Currently:

Yes -
14626149.jpg

Fragile

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #17,947 of 136,241
Billy Joel

12 Gardens : LIVE
(2006)

2CD set

DISC 1:
1.Angry Young Man
2.My Life
3.Everybody Loves You Now
4.Ballad of Billy the Kid, The
5.Entertainer, The
6.Vienna
7.New York State of Mind
8.Night Is Still Young, The
9.Zanzibar
10.Miami 2017 (I've Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
11.Great Wall of China, The
12.Allentown
13.She's Right on Time
14.Don't Ask Me Why
15.Laura

12 Garden Nights: Live
DISC 2:

1.Goodnight Saigon
2.Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
3.Innocent Man, An
4.Downeaster "Alexa", The
5.She's Always a Woman
6.Keeping the Faith
7.River of Dreams, The
8.Matter of Trust, A
9.We Didn't Start the Fire
10.Big Shot
11.You May Be Right
12.Only the Good Die Young
13.Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
14.Piano Man
15.And So It Goes
16.It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

The meat of the sets, naturally, are his songs, which include hits ("My Life" and "Piano Man") alongside lesser-known gems ("Laura" and "Don't Ask Me Why"), and newer material ("River of Dreams") alongside old ("New York State of Mind").

Joel's songcraft is evergreen, and his way with an infectious pop melody is undeniable--so much so that even reluctant listeners are likely to be singing along with disc 2's rousing version of "Only the Good Die Young."

The title of this concert album by Billy Joel--12 GARDENS: LIVE--takes its name from the singer-songwriter's dozen consecutive sold-out shows at New York City's Madison Square Garden, from which these recordings were taken. Joel was no longer a spring chicken by 2006, and the wear and tear of the grueling, high-profile gig can sometimes be heard in his performances. Yet this is a small complaint; Joel is a pop icon, and his success can be measured by the audience's rapturous reception over the course of this double-disc set.

Actually, his matured pipes, slightly improvised accommodations and inflections as heard here are very much so endearing to this long time fan of the piano man and his art
wink.gif

Fairly well recorded and mastered for a live recording, though not up to the quality of his studio works, of course...

Billy Quote: "Good night New York City, don't take any sh!t, from anybody"...
wink.gif

Personnel in accompaniment consistently perform most excellently here : Crystal Taliefero (vocals, guitar); Andy Cicon (vocals, bass guitar); Tommy Byrnes (guitar); Mark Rivera (saxophone, keyboards); Richie Cannata (saxophone); Carl Fischer (trumpet, trombone); David Rosenthal (piano, organ, keyboards).

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #17,951 of 136,241
Songwriter Van Morrison

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #17,955 of 136,241
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if Xanadu is your speed this will fit right in.

biggrin.gif
Nice call and sign me up! Olivia Newton John was my first boyish crush. I think I like Head First; know I really like Rocket, Hunt, and Shiny and Warm. For the rest I better reserve a final judgment.

--

Blind Guardian
610rm4MqTWL._SS500_.jpg
Imaginations from the Other Side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back