What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 23, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #136,876 of 137,784

May 23, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #136,882 of 137,784
May 23, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #136,883 of 137,784
After a couple weeks of travelling, finally time to get back to music...

1716498281132.png

May 23, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #136,884 of 137,784
My issue is just the sheer amount of tunes - aka soo much stuff, so little time and my need to find something that fits the moment as closely as possible from the top of my aging head.
Even if it's 'only' a couple thousand albums (I've heard of some folks here owning x times as many) that adds up to something like one album a day for the next 10 years without any repetition (rinse and repeat, lol).
I have near 3000 CDs and about 900 vinyls, though admittedly about half are on also on CD. That said, I clearly know something about being overwhelmed with the sheer volume of music one has. Some stuff has been a rediscovery, some I'll never play again. One of the benefits of ripping my collection to PC is I can now easily cruise the collection and find stuff. This is where the rediscoveries come from as I can easily click an album I've not heard in ages.

Anyway, I just picked up another Norah Jones CD in The Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones... New York City (Recorded 2000, released 2003). This is before her debut release - Come Away With Me. The music here is bluesy. It's short album featuring 7 tracks for a total time of 30:23 minutes....

The Peter Malick Group Feat. Norah Jones.jpg

I'll have to give it another listen to fully assess it. It can be found at Amazon for less than 10 bucks (US).

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #136,885 of 137,784
Guess that is my first sincere candidate for aoty

May 23, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #136,888 of 137,784

May 23, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #136,889 of 137,784
I'm of the opposite as I'm completely confused as to how you guys feel this is hard to do???

Not difficult, just superfluous, annoying. For me it just complicates things (and then there's the program bugs). So, unneeded. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry for not expressing myself clearly enough. I have almost all of my albums named, organized (folders) and tagged just fine, no probs and can find anything I remember and want to listen to or e.g. anything by any artist in an instant. My issue is just the sheer amount of tunes - aka soo much stuff, so little time and my need to find something that fits the moment as closely as possible from the top of my aging head.
Even if it's 'only' a couple thousand albums (I've heard of some folks here owning x times as many) that adds up to something like one album a day for the next 10 years without any repetition (rinse and repeat, lol).

I've got somewhere over 10k albums (granted, many of those are multiple copies of the same album) and that's kind of how I am: I always remember my "main stuff" and often go to it reflexively (I listen to Rush almost daily, especially while cycling/hiking); I have to write down artists/groups that are new or new to me that I bought and ripped I want to get to, otherwise I'll probably just semi-remember them and not get to them as I get distracted by something else I've already listened to (often countless times) I'm more in the mood for. Then they'll sit in my "To Listen To" folder forever. :smile:

What a voice we lost. 😢

Folder.jpg

Folder (4).jpg

^ I've only listened to the Hi Infidelity album and some hits, so it's time I try out much more of REO's discography.

Folder (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back