What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 9, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #130,909 of 136,934

Ok, no need to spam multiple posts. Just edit your previous post to add more music. One post per day with music

IMG_1953.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #130,912 of 136,934
Feeling a bit festive...

1702155766836.png

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #130,915 of 136,934
1702160820238.png

Nash The Slash - The Million Year Picnic

1702161124163.png

Monte Video - Monte Video

1702161270687.png

Monty Python - Monty Python Sings

1702161456831.png

Mother Goose - Stuffed

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #130,917 of 136,934
IMG_0482.jpeg

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #130,920 of 136,934
I agree with you about The Charismatic Voice. She's genuinely passionate about music, and she's kind and sweet. She's also knowledgeable and good at what she does.
I recently bought Boston's self titled album because of her..

Yea, I hope I don't sound like some deranged fanboi lol, because I'm not like that with anyone/anything (if anything, I'm too critical), but I do like to give credit when I think it is merited.

I'm not a big Boston fan, but I do have their first 3 albums and enjoy them from time to time. Liz's analysis of Delp's vocals, however, did make me appreciate his singing more (I never disliked it, I just found it good but not my favorite style I guess). And that's not the first time this has happened, even with vocalists I truly enjoy/love (like Geddy Lee).

You've described her with much more grace than I did, so thank you for that! And I agree that her authentic love for music is the draw to watch her videos, and you should watch her videos analyzing Dio if you haven't already. 😊

As for live shows, the only tour I was able to catch was Moving Pictures in May of 1981 in Syracuse NY (I was 15 at the time), and what I remember of it, it was amazing. Exit Stage Left is the only live album of theirs I've listened to so far, but I'm looking to rectify that.

Well, thank you: I think that, however, was mostly due just to the fact that I tend to drone on in (over) detail!

I went through a big Dio phase about 10 years ago when I first started collecting all his solo albums (and other albums he was the vocalist on), but I did burn myself out on him somewhat. So I haven't watched those videos yet (I've really only watched about 15? of her videos); I will make a note to do that as I bet she will resurrect my fondness for his singing/music again. I know she's a fan. Thanks for the reminder and advice. :thumbsup:

About Rush: wow, you saw them on an absolutely epic tour. I only wish I was born earlier so I could have followed/seen them for even more years. A new album coming out was always exciting.

I strongly recommend checking out more of their live albums, both audio and video! Most of my favorite live performances come from their 2000's tours; of course I didn't see them earlier than '93, but from '93 to 2015 I saw them, somehow, get better and better live! (With the big caveat that Geddy's vocals did start suffering around the late 2000's). They just sounded more and more powerful (in particular, Geddy's bass became more prominent, articulate and often just literally growling, Alex's guitar was more biting/soaring, and Neil's drumming more "full"or robust in sound), loose (but not sloppy), free flowing, grooving, "epic", stopped playing so much "to the record"--that is, afraid to deviate much from the song structure or "album version"--started playing deep cuts and kept adding great new material, and just plain looked like they were doing it all effortlessly and having a good amount of fun (even Neil haha) with the audience increasingly realizing how lucky they were to still be seeing this epic band live and flourishing (even bringing their kids to the shows). I can only judge from earlier live albums, but it seemed by the mid 90's on they were better than ever live. Every time I saw them they were nothing short of phenomenal.

All this talk of live Rush...

Folder.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back