What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 26, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #129,031 of 136,330

Utopia likes this

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #129,032 of 136,330

Oct 26, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #129,033 of 136,330
1698330175496.png

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #129,037 of 136,330
This song never gets old, such a great song

OG, Utada Hikaru. I think for the time, she must have had a high investor because her production budget looked to significant. I can see some of fx used in her vids at the time was ahead of it's time, well, at least for Japanese standards. Also, notice loudness difference, and how it effects your perception of clarity and details since obviously louder is clearer.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #129,038 of 136,330
Chris Stapleton - Traveller.png

Chris Stapleton - From A Room, Vol. 1.png

This song is by Gary P. Nunn.

Chris Stapleton - From A Room, Vol. 2.png

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over.png
This is Mike Campbell on the electric guitar.

Studio albums 2015 - 2020 with his 5th album to drop on November 10. An
established songwriter, the musicians encouraged Chris to sing some of his
songs, too. That's when the Grammys started. The first three albums were
recorded in RCA Studio A, and the 4th one "Starting Over" includes a couple
of members from Tom Petty's band The Heartbreakers. Chris is one of the
most soulful bluesmen in the industry today and he's worked with everyone.
HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #129,039 of 136,330
Al Di Meola | Land Of The Midnight Sun
1698335724724.png

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #129,040 of 136,330
Among his absolute best albums and gotta love posts by a guy with 10X Like to Post ratio! :)

Both favorites of mine since they day they came out, and recently got Tumbleweed Connection on SACD.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #129,041 of 136,330
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #129,042 of 136,330
I've not yet heard the "Jack Johnson" music so thanks for the tip! Check out the list of musicians playing on the Complete Sessions!
Miles went through many stages and was influential every time he tried something new. The beauty of this hobby is learning about musicians like him.

For today some live in studio and in-concert Snarky Puppy. Michael League is cool,
and I like how he runs his band ... more like a band of brothers and sisters. These albums
from 2015, 2016 and 2020.

Thanks @HumanFly for the introduction. HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)
uhlllp 12th lpuuu

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #129,043 of 136,330
This song never gets old, such a great song

OG, Utada Hikaru. I think for the time, she must have had a high investor because her production budget looked to significant. I can see some of fx used in her vids at the time was ahead of it's time, well, at least for Japanese standards. Also, notice loudness difference, and how it effects your perception of clarity and details since obviously louder is clearer.

Not really a fan, but I will say the production - sound is much better in the first video than second one - much clearer and detailed.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #129,044 of 136,330
Do you have an SACD player? I was going to buy the John Coltrane A Love Supreme in that SHM-SACD version but two sites I looked at state they won't play in a standard CD player, so I didn't want to get stuck with something I couldn't play... or not be able to return once opened.

I know normal SHM discs will as I have a few of those, I know Mo-Fi's "hybrid" SACDs will play in a standard CD player as I've obviously a few of those. I guess those SHM-SACD discs are pure SACDs and thus only compatible with SACD players?

Anyway, just curious. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm really impressed in how good it sounds, and that's only on the two-channel layer as I don't have as SACD player. It's right up there with Kind of Blue, which is equally impressive sound quality wise. Better than the Blu-Spec version I have. On the other hand, I prefer my Bitches Brew Blu-Spec edition over the Mo-Fi edition. There the Mo-Fi sounds subdued. But that's a different type of music there, so....

BTW, nice pickup on that Who CD. I don't have any of their music, but I understand their significance :thumbsup:

Yes, I use the PS Audio SACD Transport to a Directstream Jr. DAC. The ‘raw’ DSD output is quite something. But you are right, most SHM-SACDs are single layer stereo SACDs and won’t work on a regular CD player.

IIRC, the SHM-SACD of A Love Supreme uses a compressed master and many seem to prefer the AP SACD over it. Plus it’s a hybrid! If you haven’t it might be worth looking into that one instead.

Funny you mentioned preferring another copy of Bitches Brew, I also skipped the MoFi and got the Sony Quadrophonic release. Same for Kind of Blue, I prefer the Columbia SACD over the MoFi, but the High Def Tape Transfers DSD256 rules over them all IMO. The MoFi was OOS for so long though, I just had to have it when it finally came back…

Also, thanks, I have had my eye on Who SACDs for some time but they are not cheap. I was finally able to get Quad and Next for under $50/ea, so I am quite happy about that. I don’t know what it is about disc spinning and searching for specific masters but I really enjoy this newly found nervosa :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back