What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 7, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #63,588 of 137,753
Isaac Hayes - The Man! (1969-1977)

An excellent 2 LP compilation. However, it was one of the first vinyl rips I ever did, and it sounds it. I was still learning by trial and error how to record digitally, and not only that, but my turntable has been upgraded since. I'll have to dig out the original vinyl and re-do it.

I mean, it still sounds decent, but I could do a lot more justice to it now.

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #63,590 of 137,753
tumblr_m2tj78JbCY1rura2po1_500.jpg

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #63,592 of 137,753
  Isaac Hayes - The Man! (1969-1977)

An excellent 2 LP compilation. However, it was one of the first vinyl rips I ever did, and it sounds it. I was still learning by trial and error how to record digitally, and not only that, but my turntable has been upgraded since. I'll have to dig out the original vinyl and re-do it.

I mean, it still sounds decent, but I could do a lot more justice to it now.

Just finished the re-rip, and it sounds fantastic! :) 

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #63,594 of 137,753

Grizzly Bear - Shields

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #63,595 of 137,753
Bernard Herrmann's soundtrack from the Alfred Hitchcock movie, Psycho. Varese Sarabande release with Joel McNeely conducting the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. Excellent recording, still as scary as when I first saw the movie. Good background for a night time drive on a secluded road........ Check it out.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #63,596 of 137,753

One of Australia's most underrated exports, IMHO - I picked up Robert Forster's (of the Go-Betweens) latest effort last weekend, finally got around to putting it on. (First time I've seen any of his albums prominently placed in a record store not Down Under, by the way)

It'll need a few more spins for me to figure out whether it is great or just very good - but definitely worth checking out if you like slightly wry lyrics with a touch of understated witticism - more often than not aimed at the singer himself. (Forster manages better than most to leave you tempted to read between the lines - is he really sincere, or is he being sarcastic? Anyway, very good album, and a lot more upbeat (both musically and lyrically) than his previous album, The Evangelist (Which largely was a requiem for his late collaborator, Grant McLennan)

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #63,597 of 137,753
516qrRNevLL._SS280.jpg

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #63,598 of 137,753

One of Australia's most underrated exports, IMHO - I picked up Robert Forster's (of the Go-Betweens) latest effort last weekend, finally got around to putting it on. (First time I've seen any of his albums prominently placed in a record store not Down Under, by the way)

It'll need a few more spins for me to figure out whether it is great or just very good - but definitely worth checking out if you like slightly wry lyrics with a touch of understated witticism - more often than not aimed at the singer himself. (Forster manages better than most to leave you tempted to read between the lines - is he really sincere, or is he being sarcastic? Anyway, very good album, and a lot more upbeat (both musically and lyrically) than his previous album, The Evangelist (Which largely was a requiem for his late collaborator, Grant McLennan)

I'm a GO-BETWEENs Fan since College, First I heard the on a New wave radio DWXB 102.7, their slogan - The best of U.K., Canada & Australia. I personally have their album on cassette played on my (retired) Nakamichi 581. Nowadays, I got a CD of 1978-1990,  Got it flaced - so I'll 'em...

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #63,599 of 137,753

Users who are viewing this thread

Back