What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #55,397 of 135,998

Nice.

I discovered Somei Satoh recently thanks to a video recommendation by YouTube. Just ordered two of his CDs from Japan, so enjoying what YouTube has to offer in the meantime. Hoping for the albums to arrive by the end of next week.

目黒将司 (Shōji Meguro) - Persona 3

Shōji Meguro's soundtracks have gotten a lot of playtime from me over the summer. Even though I prefer Persona 4's OST, P3 is still great as well.

I can't wait for Persona 5 to come out next year! It is one of the few games I'm currently waiting for.

Wiener Philharmoniker & Carlos Kleiber - Schubert: Symphonien nos. 3 & 8

Not the biggest fan of symphonies and these two are unfortunately way too light and repetitive for me. They make fine lullabies this late into the evening, though.

Berliner Philharmoniker & Herbert von Karajan - Schoenberg / Berg / Webern: Orchesterwerke

Immediately more lyrical and darker. Certainly a way to make your evening a touch more magical if you are in the right frame of mind.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #55,398 of 135,998
The%2BThe%2B-%2BInfected%2B-.jpg

A whole lot of artists should still do penance for the atrocities committed during the eighties.

Matt Johnson is not one of them; this album is brilliant.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #55,401 of 135,998
Return To Forever w/Chick Corea:

Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy

Where Have I Known You Before

and finally their self-titled album Return to Forever.

The first two were some of the best jazz fusion albums ever made IMHO.  I got to see them after each album came out in the 70's.  Epic performances.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #55,405 of 135,998
HDTracks download of this beautiful album...

Oct 5, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #55,407 of 135,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back