What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #54,976 of 136,060
Breaking the rules of 1 post per day, but I just noticed this will be my 1000th post here. I think it's appropritate to celebrate it with something music related 
biggrin.gif

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - Midnight Sugar
This is the album that turned me to Jazz for the first time. Older guys like me know this one for sure - I permanent demo disc on many audio venues. Maybe it'll will inspire some more newcomers..
Great care was taken in this recording with the analog audio equipement to mics positioning - it's all laid bare on the sleeve.

The opening track is just mesmerizing. I remember playing this one for the first time a few years ago at home when I still lived with my parents. My father came into the room astonished that I wasn't listening to the Stones or Led... he loved it too. Said it reminded him of the old piano bars sound, the only thing missing were the smell of cigars and the taste of scotch... he took care of that really fast. I wasn't allowed the experience lol

If you want to "see" a piano, or "feel" a double bass... welcome aboard. The drums "taste" like the caress of a woman in love... 

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto (piano) 
ISOO Fukui (bass) 
Tetsujiro Obara (drums) 

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #54,978 of 136,060
  U2 - Songs of Innocence.

I don't really like it so far. Maybe it takes some time to really get it ?

2nd listen here.  Pretty darn good but I have been a fan since they first came out.  3 1/2 decades now ......crazy.

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #54,981 of 136,060
  U2 - Songs of Innocence.

I don't really like it so far. Maybe it takes some time to really get it ?

Honestly after 2 listens I can say I only really like 3 songs: Cedarwood Road, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, and The Troubles.  I find the first half of the album just plain awful.

In general I find it hard to connect to this album.  No Line on the Horizon made "sense" to me immediately, and thus it is one of my favorites.  Not sure what they were going after here.  They said it is their most "personal" album... perhaps a little too personal?

Listening to Minecraft Volume Alpha tonight.  Absolutely wonderful background music for browsing forums. 
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #54,982 of 136,060
Son Lux - Lanterns

Plan the Escape

Hozier - Take Me To Church E.P.

Like Real People Do

BT - A Song Across Wires

Vervoeren

S O H N - Tremors

The Wheel

Tech N9ne - Strangeulation

Sut Mig

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #54,983 of 136,060

AVTechNO! - Remeariness

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #54,985 of 136,060

Lucinda Williams - Essence (2001)

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #54,989 of 136,060

2nd listen here.  Pretty darn good but I have been a fan since they first came out.  3 1/2 decades now ......crazy.

Honestly after 2 listens I can say I only really like 3 songs: Cedarwood Road, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, and The Troubles.  I find the first half of the album just plain awful.

In general I find it hard to connect to this album.  No Line on the Horizon made "sense" to me immediately, and thus it is one of my favorites.  Not sure what they were going after here.  They said it is their most "personal" album... perhaps a little too personal?

I very much like Songs of Innocence so far, actually. It's a bit of a return to form after more than a decade of sub-par pop anthems. The sound on this album is tighter and more concentrated than anything since the first track of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, but integrates some newer influences as well. There are hints of the Killers and Franz Ferdinand, as well as small homages to artists that originally influenced the band at the beginning. It has the driven, faster-paced sound that I've been missing from U2 for a long time now, updated to fit the scope of modern rock music.

In my opinion, it's their freshest and most complete release in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back