What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 5, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #130,726 of 136,967
Just got my VMP Electric Miles Davis box set about an hour ago in the mail, and am currently running the LP's through my DeGritter and reading the enclosed booklet before starting on them later...
Wow ... hundreds of $$ worth of vinyl. How many albums are there? Happy listening! :)

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #130,727 of 136,967
Where specifically??? Quote the actually sentence where it's misspelled "Sultana"

I see this... "Satana - an obvious keyboard stroke mistake, since the name is correctly spelled in other places :wink:

Agree... you do need to get out more :thinking:

Movin on :sunglasses:

It was supposed to be funny, pointing out your spelling of an iconic band by misspelling it myself :sweat_smile:
Oh well here's some music :relaxed:

'No body understands',

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #130,728 of 136,967
Just got my VMP Electric Miles Davis box set about an hour ago in the mail, and am currently running the LP's through my DeGritter and reading the enclosed booklet before starting on them later...
Wow ... hundreds of $$ worth of vinyl. How many albums are there? Happy listening! :)
In addition to RCBinTN's question, what albums as you mention "Electric Miles" and none of the album posted by RCBinTN are electric.

Also, what's a "DeGritter"? Does it include a cleaning solution? If so, why run new albums through it? I get you want to rid particles, but I'd think a wipe would be sufficient.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #130,729 of 136,967
Listening to this "Sultana" er... I mean Santana album again. Seriously good album all the way around. Mantra is rocking right now.... :L3000:

Santana.jpg

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #130,730 of 136,967
In addition to RCBinTN's question, what albums as you mention "Electric Miles" and none of the album posted by RCBinTN are electric.

Also, what's a "DeGritter"? Does it include a cleaning solution? If so, why run new albums through it? I get you want to rid particles, but I'd think a wipe would be sufficient.
I'm listening to the first great quintet. They were acoustic. Mr. @LarsMan ordered him some vinyl of Miles' electric music. Both wonderful, in their own way, and completely different. :)

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #130,731 of 136,967
The set has:
In A Silent Way
Bitch's Brew
Tribute to Jack Johnson
Live Evil
On The Corner
Big Fun
Get Down With It

... and a very informative booklet written by Ben Ratliff

I've also got Bitch's Brew and Jack Johnson on MoFi Original Master Records, so it will be interesting to compare them.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #130,732 of 136,967
I'm listening to the first great quintet. They were acoustic. Mr. @LarsMan ordered him some vinyl of Miles' electric music. Both wonderful, in their own way, and completely different. :)
Yes, I know this; we've talked about those albums in you post before and I stated I had all of them. Yes, they are acoustic.

My question is to LarsMan on his use of "Electric Miles"? If he has "electric Miles, then the album you posted are not those.

And for the record, I did mention acoustic and electric miles > here :wink:

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #130,733 of 136,967

It's all Miles Davis music!
DeGritter is an ultrasonic record cleaning machine. I do not use a cleaning solution, just distilled water. There is always some debris from the pressing plant that gets into the grooves, especially if it's put in a paper sleeve, and should be removed for the best sound. A wipe will not get into the groove. Also, while these Miles Davis records DID come in polyline sleeves, for records I buy that come in paper sleeves (most of them), I always replace those sleeves with polylined ones. Less expensive polyline ones are no different from those sold by Mobile Fidelity.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #130,734 of 136,967
The set has:
In A Silent Way
Bitch's Brew
Tribute to Jack Johnson
Live Evil
On The Corner
Big Fun
Get Down With It

... and a very informative booklet written by Ben Ratliff

I've also got Bitch's Brew and Jack Johnson on MoFi Original Master Records, so it will be interesting to compare them.
Thanks for clearing that up.

And would be interested to hear your take on the Mo-Fi comparison. As you might remember, I've a number of Miles Mo-Fi SACDs, including Bitches Brew. No vinyl though. I do have Jack Johnson, but that's a Blu-Spec CD.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #130,735 of 136,967
Screenshot_20231205-194850.png

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #130,736 of 136,967
Sleep Token | Various Tracks (Qobuz artist track list)
1701805583639.png

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #130,737 of 136,967
It's all Miles Davis music!
Yep!

DeGritter is an ultrasonic record cleaning machine. I do not use a cleaning solution, just distilled water. There is always some debris from the pressing plant that gets into the grooves, especially if it's put in a paper sleeve, and should be removed for the best sound. A wipe will not get into the groove.
Got/get it :thumbsup:

Also, while these Miles Davis records DID come in polyline sleeves, for records I buy that come in paper sleeves (most of them), I always replace those sleeves with polylined ones. Less expensive polyline ones are no different from those sold by Mobile Fidelity.
I did the same when I was collecting vinyl. Use to buy the Discwasher sleeves ...

Discwasher-sleeves.jpg

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #130,738 of 136,967
Sleep Token | Various Tracks (Qobuz artist track list)
1701805583639.png
Those Freaks don't scare me! :grin: ( so says the guy who let his hair go long as a a Nelson Pass look-alike contest winner ) lol

- But, I am learning to be a post/likes Ho 🤷‍♀️

Man, back in the day I would have loved to wander into a bar looking for live music to find these guys playing:
915WKVZaWGL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back