Ni00MDM5LmpwZWc.jpeg

NC0yMDY1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #122,749 of 137,795
^ Classic funk album, I just have to close my eyes when I play it :frowning2:

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #122,751 of 137,795
Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan (1975)

3992174_218.jpg

To my great luck and good fortune in the late 70's , wandering and foraging through our exceptional local (R.I.) public library, browsing the music section, I pulled out a weighty tome of Dylans written pomes / lyrics - a testament to his prolific poetic genius , to this reader / listener .

Above enclosed review speaks to writing devices inspired by and assimilated from another artist's instruction in the paint medium :

Dylan would say Blood on the Tracks was influenced by lecture classes he took with painter Norman Raeben in New York in early 1974. “You’ve got yesterday, today, and tomorrow all in the same room,” he said of the new lyric writing approach that resulted.

Personally practicing mindfulness "being in the now present moment" such as "critical listing to our music" or in the artist case , performing the art with learned skills is difficult - however , to write as the untrained mind actually processes emotional turmoil - " past, now and future" all in the "same room" in the "present moment" is the remarkable genius of Dylan's masterful writings on this Album, "Blood On The Tracks" .

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #122,753 of 137,795
Interesting. They remade this entire album in 2012. It's more about true acoustics. It's also a great way to check the quality of timbre in your particular HP. Listen to the opening violin solo and tell me that doesn't sound like what a violin sounds like. Well, I hope you can hear it. They skipped the digital delay/chorus/flange type sound of the violins and studio enhancements/overdubs when mixing.

How about some goofballs from down under? I'd bet NO ONE has ever heard of this band before.

Another unheard-of band that is criminally underrated.

Pure musical genius. It was just announced for Phoenix that Devin Townsend is the opener, Animals as Leaders as mid act and Dream Theater as the headliner. What??????

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #122,754 of 137,795
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin (self titled album)

So raw... Sooo good!
Thanks for the idea, @GlenAppleton. Do you live in Wisconsin?
For today:

Led Zeppelin - I.png

This is a Willie Dixon song. Well done by Robert & Jimmy.

Led Zeppelin - II.png
Just lovely work on the bass by John Paul Jones.

And - on the acoustic guitar by Jimmy Page.

Led Zeppelin - III.png

I have never heard Zeppelin I before today. Damn man, I know, right!? These
are the remasters in 24/96 courtesy of QoBuz. One reason I've not been a
bigger fan is IMO their recordings sounded terrible - until they were reworked.
To whomever did that work - bravo! HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Edit: Well now, I am certainly a fan of Zeppelin I. An awesome first album. And,
the SQ of the remasters is excellent. Decent - now I can enjoy LZ again! I can't
help but wonder what Jeff Beck could have done, had he hooked up with great
musicians like Jimmy Page did.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #122,757 of 137,795

When I saw The Cure play last December here in Dublin, I had tears in my eyes when they played Charlotte Sometimes - totally unexpected, and if asked prior to the gig what songs I would have hoped to hear, I wouldn't have thought of it - yet it brought me right back to being about 14, over 30 years ago and really struck a huge chord - it wasn't that I didn't already love it, I think I just took it for granted maybe. Anyway, one of the most special moments in my life was hearing this live a few months ago!

Apr 13, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #122,758 of 137,795
I've loved this song for years, and another that can really stir up huge emotions for me - this live version is just stunning... when it peaks just after 5 minutes, wow. I absolutely adore Beth's voice, coupled with the musical genius of William Orbit.

Which is potentially going to lead me into a YouTube rabbit hole, usually reserved for a Friday night - but I'll live dangerously!

Apr 13, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #122,759 of 137,795
IMG_8820.jpeg

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #122,760 of 137,795
Go go (quite weird that LarsMan hasn't posted a pic of that tour yet today) Godzilla zilla zilla.
Zilla God, Zilla God, Zilla God.... I figured I'd give you guys a break from the pictures! :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back