What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #95,716 of 136,309
:flag_us:

Bonus because he's ubertalented imo, I think he's the embodiment of 'someone having Music in their DNA', it's just effortless. He's one of those all to rare singers nowadays that remembers that it's far better to feel the words (and in turn, to make us feel them) than to simply just speak them :-

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #95,717 of 136,309
‘Kingfish’ is fantastic!
Thanks for the tip.
I recommended Hot Foot Powder, amongst several others, to someone on another Head Fi forum who asked which Peter Green albums to try.
He was a great Blues player.
Yep ... that's where I got the idea. I also have the Fleetwood Mac live album you recommended and it kicks ass. Most of us here are on Jason's thread every day too. BTW, check out that Eric Johanson album I just posted above ... Tab Benoit is on the drums :)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #95,719 of 136,309
Yep ... that's where I got the idea. I also have the Fleetwood Mac live album you recommended and it kicks ass. Most of us here are on Jason's thread every day too. BTW, check out that Eric Johanson album I just posted above ... Tab Benoit is on the drums :)
Eric Johanson is very good!
Listening to Burn it Down now.
Thanks

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #95,720 of 136,309
Capture.JPG
Bob Dylan (2020)

Capture.JPG

GoGo Penguin (2020)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #95,722 of 136,309

I am not really a fan of Diana Krall but her version of Joni Mitchell's 'A Case of You' on this album is really good.
Almost as good as the original!

Edit: I realise that Diana Krall is Canadian, and that might explain why her interpretation of 'A Case of You' is so brilliant, especially when she sings the line 'I drew a map of Canada...'.
I have been extremely lucky to see four absolutely brilliant Canadian musicians over the years:
Neil Young ( twice)
Gordon Lightfoot
Joni Mitchell
Leonard Cohen

All left a lasting impression after giving very special performances.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #95,724 of 136,309
Wow, someone on Head-Fi knows about Michael Jerome Browne who was born in Indiana and moved to Montreal, QC, Canada at the age of 12. I have all of his albums & learned about him from my older brother. MJB plays everwhere from festivals to small venues. About 12 years ago my brother & wife along with me & my wife went to see him play in a small restaurant/ bar in Gatineau, Quebec across the river and provincial border of Ottawa, Ontario Canada, my native city. What a virtuoso and nice man. It’s sort of unfair that such a talented musician is practically unknown and that, IMHO, less talented artists who lip sync in concert are international stars and multi millionaires. Browne even plays a leather skin banjo without a fretboard. He was explaining how hard it was to master the instrument because it goes out of tune quickly if you don’t know what you’re doing. I mean, this guy can play. Kudos to you @DLeeWebb, I’m impressed.

“Graveyard Blues” MJB playing his fretless “gourd” banjo

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #95,726 of 136,309
ABC The Lexicon of Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back