What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 6, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #58,921 of 137,781
Kscope sampler vol.6 (free download): http://kscopemusic.bandcamp.com/releases

Got it with Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. order. Had to go through SW album 3 times to totally "get into it". At first it was littlebit "stranger" to me. More pop/soft elements than previous albums but still pretty progressive once you "get into it". Usually I sink fast into his music but this time first round of this album I was somehow still in the world of Sanguine Hum - Now We have Light.
I have to be honest, I think atm I like Raven (especially Get all You deserve concert audio) tinybit more than HCE album. Maybe because it is more similar and related to SW past work. I think I have to make a little break, clean my head/ears and listen again to this new album. But don`t get me wrong - it is very good album and definitely recommend!

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #58,922 of 137,781
^ Honestly, the only reason I bought Raven was for Guthrie's Drive Home solo. Having listened to Ancestral from this new one, I suspect my purchase reason will be the same.
etysmile.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #58,924 of 137,781
Rings Of Saturn

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #58,925 of 137,781

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #58,928 of 137,781
  That gif caught me off guard.

It's subtle but quite nice. The album itself is fantastic. It's a shame iTunes doesn't support animated GIFs; it only displays the first image. I talked about animated album artworks with my cousin who is a musician recently, and it's such a huge lost opportunity in this age of digital distribution that platforms like the iTunes Store don't support it. You could do such amazing things with just a couple of frames. A tree growing out of the ground, a portrait that blinks every now and then, a wave washing up and down a beach… There are endless possibilities. As someone to whom the album artwork is an integral part of the album as a whole, this is not a trivial matter.

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #58,929 of 137,781
Marillion - Brave

Infected Mushroom - IM the Supervisor

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Frank Zappa - The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #58,932 of 137,781

Users who are viewing this thread

Back