What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 3, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #57,436 of 136,062

Happy new year fellows music addicts :wink:

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #57,439 of 136,062
Fiio X5/E18 DIY Muse 02-Havi B3 Pro 2
51v9t9WI4EL._SX425_.jpg

Symphony #2 DSD

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #57,446 of 136,062

Nice blog post... thanks for sharing and good luck with your collection.

A nice read, and a relief too, to see you have bought a good turntable. When I hear people say they are getting back into vinyl and have bought a turntable, it all too often turns out that they've bought a Crosley or something similar, as advertised in a colour supplement or Ronco catalogue ("turn your old vinyls (sic) into MP3s!").

They are also the people who usually wax nostalgic about pops and scratches.

For me, the best thing about having a turntable is that, in second-hand shops, the vinyl section is about 100% more interesting than the CD section. For a few pounds, you can take a chance on something that looks interesting and maybe open up a new avenue of musical discovery.

Thank you both. Glad you enjoyed the post.

I am really looking forward to building up the collection. I expect I will buy some new but many will be used. Luckily we have a couple of good record stores here in Atlanta so there's always a good amount to pick from.

As for the turntable, that was one of the reasons I delayed the purchase, I wanted to make sure I could get at least a low-hifi model that would give me a quality listening experience. I'm not "golden eared" by any means but I do appreciate quality reproduction. I think the Debut Carbon DC I got will do that for me. So far I'm very happy with the choice.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #57,447 of 136,062
Listening to the first album of the 2014 re-master, re-issue of KISS Alive. It's pretty much like I remember it from back in the day. This was the 2nd album I owned. I bought it at the local "head shop" with money from my paper route. Oh the memories........

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #57,450 of 136,062

Users who are viewing this thread

Back