What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #57,286 of 136,554
81fU7wByFVL._SL1396_.jpg

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #57,288 of 136,554

Y-e-e-s-s-s... just look at the tracks on the cover (Blue Bayou, You're No Good, Different Drum); some of my all-time favorite tracks!

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #57,291 of 136,554
My parents were massive Chicago fans, I'm just now getting into their discography:

Got to love the variety of their album art.  Really enjoying the jazzy instrumental parts of Chicago III right now. Was not expecting this kind of variety!

Also putting all of The Talking Head stuff I can into queue, there isn't another group that I know more songs of which I've never before made an attempt to get personal copies of.  I don't care for 24/96 hype but going with those gives me original master rips...

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #57,292 of 136,554
  My parents were massive Chicago fans, I'm just now getting into their discography:

Got to love the variety of their album art.  Really enjoying the jazzy instrumental parts of Chicago III right now. Was not expecting this kind of variety!

Also putting all of The Talking Head stuff I can into queue, there isn't another group that I know more songs of which I've never before made an attempt to get personal copies of.  I don't care for 24/96 hype but going with those gives me original master rips...

Before they became known for sappy and cloying ballads, Chicago were quite a band - energetic, eclectic, and with a killer horn section. Their second album (including '25 or 6 to 4') is a good place to start for newcomers.

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #57,300 of 136,554
What is just about my favourite Taj Mahal track ever - "Ain't gwine to whistle Dixie (Any'mo)" off his excellent live album "The Real Thing".

Blues with a proper horn section; this is just great.

Up next - Swedish sisters First Aid Kit and their "The Lion's Roar" album - probably followed by one of (also Swedish) singer Thåström's solo albums - haven't quite made up my mind as to which, yet.

Then I'll probably round off the evening with a Nick Cave album - The Good Son, methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back