-------------------------------------=>
Big, Sweet & Blue

Blues In "B"
wink.gif

Norris Turney Quartet
(Mapleshade Records)
---------------------------------------=>

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #4,851 of 137,281
Yeah, found it for $80 cheapest. I love Pat (obviously), but that's a little too rich for my poor old okie blood.Curse you Panorama!
tongue.gif

--

Radioactive Man
5172957x1wp5.jpg
Growl

The new eelctro album from the Keith Tenniswood half of Two Lone Swordsmen.

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #4,856 of 137,281
Last few tracks I can recall playing.

"Violet Hill" - Coldplay
"The Way I Are" - Timbaland
"Palladio" - Scala (yes, the electric string quartet who were on Britain's Got Talent)
"Complication" - Nine Inch Nails
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)" - U2
"Supernaut" - Black Sabbath

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #4,857 of 137,281
512TNA0AXKL._SS500_.jpg

May 1, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #4,860 of 137,281
[size=large]Artist: Worrybead
Song: 1000 Doors
Album: Live at local Houston Dive BAr[/size]

This was my old band from about a decade (+ a few) years ago.

This particular recording was acquired from a direct line out feed from the sound man's mixer.

It's very much flawed in many ways: I talk too much at the start; the vocals are WAY too up front; and, it's true, the guitarist was just a tad out of tune.

smily_headphones1.gif

That said ...

It's also quite fun to listen too as the drummer (really what I think is the best part of this recording) is just so on point and tight. Great, great drummer who I've not played with the likes of since (even though most of his drum heads were about to crack).

Another fun thing, starting around 4:53 or so ... is a little vocal/guitar conversation which I always love listening too ...

It's a simple little exchange, but true ... and he and I always loved performing it. Sounds great and his Gibson styles are quite respectable in retrospect.

smily_headphones1.gif

(MP3 downloads after the glamour shots)

The obligatory stick-up sign:

worry1.jpg

Me and our drummer (I'm at left with blond hair):

worry2.jpg

Our guitarist:

worry3.jpg

[size=x-large]
NON-OBLIGATORY DOWNLOAD of: 1000 Doors[/size]

Worrybead had several incarnations, really ...

On one hand, we loved Black Sabbath, early Soundgarden and anything else that was riff-based while tuned down to Z.
wink.gif

On the other hand, we were totally obsessed with early 2000 alt-country favs such as Son Volt, Scud Mountain Boys and anyone else that sang of being perpetually high on caffeine and simultaneously depressed.

This was ultimately what ended the band. That is, our inability to decide on what we wanted to be.

We played heavy stoner, riff'd out shows on the weekends and acoustic, alt country sorts of shows during the week.

(a pairing that, over time, just couldn't be)

Anyway ...

See the above provided link to hear the originally recorded bit from our show at the Houston dive bar, at the time known as "The Urban Art Bar".

It takes a bit to get going since I'm sort of talking at the start, but after a couple minutes of expected front-man banter, we get the show going and it lasts for a well respected, Rock Anthem length of around 10 minutes.

smily_headphones1.gif

BTW: as mentioned in the vocal banter at the start of the MP3 ... it is, definitely a love song.

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back