What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #44,161 of 137,768
Quote:
Fortunately, you can listen to it that way....Al is a terrific guitarist!

Cheers for that. I rather enjoy the guitar, so shall get a little Al in my life
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #44,162 of 137,768
Quote:
beerchug.gif

I have been an Al Di Meola fan for years and love the album discussed above. You guys may want to check out the new album by Tommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor, "The Colonel & The Governor." The new Earl Klugh release, "HandPicked" is also impressive. Just about anything by Bill Frisell (especially "The Best Of Bill Frisell, Vol.1: Folk Songs") are some other albums in the acoustic Jazz guitar vein that I have been enjoying recently...
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #44,164 of 137,768

[size=1.7em] Hot August Night[/size]

[size=1.7em] (40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)[/size]

[size=11.428571701049805px]Neil Diamond [/size]

Hot August Night is Neil Diamond’s 1972 double Platinum live recording.
It captured the pop superstar at the start of his creative powers and remains
one of the finest live performances ever captured.

Full recording for a low res taste ; Prelude thru , mark 3:10 :

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #44,166 of 137,768
Quote:
Quote:
beerchug.gif

I have been an Al Di Meola fan for years and love the album discussed above. You guys may want to check out the new album by Tommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor, "The Colonel & The Governor." The new Earl Klugh release, "HandPicked" is also impressive. Just about anything by Bill Frisell (especially "The Best Of Bill Frisell, Vol.1: Folk Songs") are some other albums in the acoustic Jazz guitar vein that I have been enjoying recently...
biggrin.gif

I have that Tommy album....They work very well together. I saw Tommy live a few months ago. I had seats up front...I still can't believe what I saw and heard!  
eek.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #44,167 of 137,768
Now?  Via YouTube, Jonny Lang - Red Light.  Tonight?  Will see him performing live.  
size]

Quote:
Fortunately, you can listen to it that way....Al is a terrific guitarist!

Yes.  I caught him in concert a few years back.  Not more than 300 or 400 people present, so it was small ... but excellent!

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #44,170 of 137,768

Isis - Oceanic

Just finished listening to the vinyl. It sounds ridiculously good.

Quote:
Quote:
I finally set up my turntable last night and have spent most of today listening to vinyl. Right now I'm listening to this, however.

Kow Otani - Shadow of the Colossus ~Roar of the Earth~

On the 803 Diamonds this album sounds so epic the word epic isn't epic enough to describe it.

Very cool!!! Kow Otani's soundtrack must sound thunderous on the 803 Diamonds.  Silly thing to ask, but any chance we can get pictures of the full setup?
biggrin.gif

Since I finally have all parts of my vinyl rig, here are a few pictures for those who want to take a peek.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #44,172 of 137,768
Quote:
Some very young kids covering a Dream Theater song...

WOW!

Well, color me impressed. I was a teenager in the 80's and enjoy rock, prog and metal. So, of course I know DT....own some of their music. DT would be the last artist I would think kids would even be familiar with. These kids knocked it out! That girl has a future fronting a band.....Evanescence better look  out. I would love to see some more female fronted legit rock bands.

And, no, I'm not calling Evanescence legit. They just came to mind
smile.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #44,173 of 137,768
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I like the album Al done with Paco De Lucia and John McGlaughlan, but I could never really get into the other solo stuff. There are a few really good guitar albums that I have come across in the Last few years, I will post up here for anyone who is interested. All of these guitar players have many brilliant albums and I highly recommend them. If anybody knows of anything else, guitar related, I would love to hear some new stuff. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #44,175 of 137,768

This is amazing, best electronic release I've heard in a long time. If you like ambient/broken beats etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back