What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #32,717 of 137,761

Jimi Hendrix, not very famous, but really great guitarist
atsmile.gif

May 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #32,719 of 137,761
Trying this with a new cable for the HD 800 and it sounds beefed up with less painfully sparkly treble, which overall makes this finely constructed record much easier to enjoy!

May 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #32,720 of 137,761
May 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #32,721 of 137,761
" The Times They Are A-Changin' "

Dylanesque

Bryan Ferry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MuHtciTxs

See also:
" Knocking On Heaven"s Door "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjn04eJIGNs

May 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #32,724 of 137,761

May 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #32,725 of 137,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excellent Cover Art! And then there's the music... 
rolleyes.gif

There's a few songs on it that I enjoy, and I think the playing's tasty and tight. Morph The Cat is probably my favourite Donald Fagen recording though.

May 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #32,728 of 137,761
Hello There

Stuck the headphones on and had a little chill out after a hard days work.

1. [size=x-small]All That You Have is Your Soul-[/size] [size=x-small]Tracy Chapman[/size]
  2. [size=x-small]What It Says On The Tin[/size]- [size=x-small]Katie Melua[/size]
  3. [size=x-small]Don't Panic[/size]- [size=x-small]Coldplay[/size]
  4. [size=x-small]In The Morning[/size]- [size=x-small]Norah Jones[/size]
  5. [size=x-small]The Harder They Come[/size] - [size=x-small]Jimmy Cliff[/size]
  6. [size=x-small]Monkey Man- [/size] [size=x-small]Toots&The Maytals[/size]
  7. [size=x-small]Come Away With Me[/size]- [size=x-small]Norah Jones[/size]
  8. [size=x-small]Soldier Of Love (Extend Remix)[/size] [size=x-small]-Sade[/size]
  9. [size=x-small]Now Comes The Night[/size] - [size=x-small]Rob Thomas[/size]
  10. [size=x-small]Things Youd Never Know[/size] - [size=x-small]Sweetback[/size]

A bit of a mixed bag of a playlist I know, but have never really been a great album listener.

Cheers Frank

May 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #32,729 of 137,761
Quote:

There's a few songs on it that I enjoy, and I think the playing's tasty and tight. Morph The Cat is probably my favourite Donald Fagen recording though.

The instrumental break near the last two minutes of "New Frontier" reminds me of a conversation I had once with my audiologist. I saw her once every three months as a part of maintenance - I was in the biz and wanted to protect my hearing. One day, she followed up asking about my routines and habits to determine how much time in a day I'm exposed to external noises.

She was well aware of my doing demos for work. At one point in the conversation, I began to describe how some songs just have places and breaks in them where cranking becomes addictive. With a "no-nonsense" demeanor, she coolly replied "Then, play another song." 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back