What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #54,152 of 135,975

Beautiful album
beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #54,155 of 135,975
I've never been a huge Radiohead fan, but I decided to rip a copy of this from my girlfriend to see if I come around to them a little more. DLeeWebb just reminded me that I have it, so I'll go take a listen now.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #54,157 of 135,975
Is it a big screen must - see or bluray will give it justice?

I think the sound would be the criteria-if you have a nice sound system-sure. I enjoyed the full screen dolby surround theater experience. I'm not even a funk fan especially-although I totally appreciate his musical contributions-and now I wanna go out and get some James Brown!

The story jumps around a lot and he takes dialogue to the audience as theatrical device...lots of flashbacks which some might find annoying-it didn't really bother me and it's a pretty "heavy" story. The man treated his musicians and family members pretty badly-like schiit really, and had a ROUGH upbringing to put it mildly-helps explain the almost crazy behavior many of us remember seeing of Mr.  Brown in his later years.

Produced by Mick Jagger which is kind of interesting. The man was a force to be reckoned with for sure. As a performance oriented film-strap yourself in for a great ride! It's impossible not to be impressed by the performance. Another actor-forget his name who plays on True Blood is also terrific as his main side man.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #54,161 of 135,975

Users who are viewing this thread

Back