What are the worst comparisons you've ever heard?
Dec 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 70
This happened to me just yesterday. I wear my IE80s when i go to work and my friend whose sitting next to me looks at my IEMs and asks me what are those. So i briefly explained him and he just gave me a blank face and says. Why would you buy those you know they aren`t any better than those apple earbuds. I was just dumbfounded.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #34 of 70
Quote:
This happened to me just yesterday. I wear my IE80s when i go to work and my friend whose sitting next to me looks at my IEMs and asks me what are those. So i briefly explained him and he just gave me a blank face and says. Why would you buy those you know they aren`t any better than those apple earbuds. I was just dumbfounded.

+1 for this.....  i had many dumb ass friends like these . & the best part is one of em was trying to convince me that his Fake beats tours are 10 times better than my W4's... lol

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #35 of 70
Haa.... one too many times where my friends listen to my FXT90 and goes "My apple earbuds" sound better than these....
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #37 of 70
looks like lots of ppl have bumped into those magical apple ibuds. ^^
i guess that if you only wear those any other might sound weird on first try.
Yeah, I see your point, but how could you wear those in the first place? They sound horrible, and hurt like (It rhymes with jail :veryevil:).

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #38 of 70
Quote:
Yep, that right there is an example of someone who's still oblivious, lost in the world of BASS.
There is a world after bass, I have seen it! It's called high quality sound.
When you wear an IEM and bass isn't the first thing you listen for, you're heading in the right direction.

H20Fidelity, I'm right there with you. Once I finally tried a decent IEM, and the veil of darkness was lifted off of my music, I can never go back. This is not something you can quickly A/B with someone else's stuff though. Sure its funny that most will find their $20 skull candy's better than an RE0 or better IEM, but in their defense, its because their brains are used to that muffled sound.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #39 of 70
H20Fidelity, I'm right there with you. Once I finally tried a decent IEM, and the veil of darkness was lifted off of my music, I can never go back. This is not something you can quickly A/B with someone else's stuff though. Sure its funny that most will find their $20 skull candy's better than an RE0 or better IEM, but in their defense, its because their brains are used to that muffled sound.
Yeah, me going to at least the Monoprice 8320's. :D

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #40 of 70
My wife never listens to headphones - when she has, they have been the white ones that came with her iPhone. She loves her music and will close our bedroom door and turn up the stereo and listen to one of many of her "Queen" CD's. That is her favorite band, hands down. She saw them in concert here in Southern California the last three times they toured. (Revealing our age a bit) November is always a little sad around our house as it is the month Freddie Mercury died. My point here is I asked her to try a pair of my IEM's and listen to a lossless copy of INNUENDO on my TF10's. She didn't understand what could be the difference between the big blue thingies and the little white thingies, but she was game to try.

After a few minutes, her face turned red and tears rolled down her cheeks....

This story is a bit of an inverse of the topic - she expected no difference, but the experience was like night and day....

Now she knows why I do what I do - My job is to get her a nice pair that are small and sound great - I think the UE700's I have coming in today will fit the bill for Christmas. There is no greater joy than to hear a piece of music as it was intended to be heard....

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #41 of 70
My wife never listens to headphones - when she has, they have been the white ones that came with her iPhone. She loves her music and will close our bedroom door and turn up the stereo and listen to one of many of her "Queen" CD's. That is her favorite band, hands down. She saw them in concert here in Southern California the last three times they toured. (Revealing our age a bit) November is always a little sad around our house as it is the month Freddie Mercury died. My point here is I asked her to try a pair of my IEM's and listen to a lossless copy of INNUENDO on my TF10's. She didn't understand what could be the difference between the big blue thingies and the little white thingies, but she was game to try.

This story is a bit of an inverse of the topic - she expected no difference, but the experience was like night and day....

Now she knows why I do what I do - My job is to get her a nice pair that are small and sound great - I think the UE700's I have coming in today will fit the bill for Christmas. There is no greater joy than to hear a piece of music as it was intended to be heard....
Your wife is going to be in tears, that's amazing. :xf_eek:

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #42 of 70
Quote:

Beautiful story mate - and excellent choice of IEM for her too, she would be absolutely ecstatic with that

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #43 of 70
Fun thread.

On a whim I bought a $1 iem at the Dollar Tree dollar store.  Compared to anything... I mean anything, it failed.  You could put two rocks in your ears and get better sound.  You could play a song you knew intimitely and not even recognize it.  The $1 was worth the amusement factor.  It's the gift you include when you buy a friend a great IEM then you let them choose which to keep.

P.S. Yes, even Apple earbuds are better... a little.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #45 of 70
why do you guys hate on the studio? I compared them to a vmoda m80 and an ath m50 and i liked the studio better.
Hmmm... how so? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back