What are the worst comparisons you've ever heard?
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #18 of 70
my coworker loves his bose in ear because it is very ez to put on and off and sounds like his old dad's fm stereo radio
I told him to try out my shure530 and tf10 , and he hated them both because the hassle to put on and how they isolate too much and how they sound too bright and thin compared to his boomy bose buds

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 70
my coworker loves his bose in ear because it is very ez to put on and off and sounds like his old dad's fm stereo radio
I told him to try out my shure530 and tf10 , and he hated them both because the hassle to put on and how they isolate too much and how they sound too bright and thin compared to his boomy bose buds

Yep, that right there is an example of someone who's still oblivious, lost in the world of BASS.

There is a world after bass, I have seen it! It's called high quality sound.

When you wear an IEM and bass isn't the first thing you listen for, you're heading in the right direction.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #20 of 70
Quote:
Yep, that right there is an example of someone who's still oblivious, lost in the world of BASS.
There is a world after bass, I have seen it! It's called high quality sound.
When you wear an IEM and bass isn't the first thing you listen for, you're heading in the right direction.

My friends called me freak because I'm not a bass lover. They said EVERYONE wants sun-sized bass and I only care for the treble so they're saying that I'm weird.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #21 of 70
My friends called me freak because I'm not a bass lover. They said EVERYONE wants sun-sized bass and I only care for the treble so they're saying that I'm weird.

You're not weird at all. Treble is just as exciting, especially extended well detailed treble, it's often much busier upstairs in a track than down. Bass is overrated, often bloated, bleeds into mid range frequency's when not controlled properly. It just's these people don't see past bass to find the other frequency's , they're blind! :D One day they will possibly understand.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 70

Get him some Monoprices and Comply's if he's your friend, semi-open, and do the tape mod, then see if he complains :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #24 of 70
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #25 of 70
Quote:
Open full-sized headphones vs IEMs. Just today I read someone comparing a HD650 with some in-ear, I don't remember which.

Ok, so how much better were the IEM's?

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #26 of 70
Quote:
You're not weird at all. Treble is just as exciting, especially extended well detailed treble, it's often much busier upstairs in a track than down. Bass is overrated, often bloated, bleeds into mid range frequency's when not controlled properly. It just's these people don't see past bass to find the other frequency's , they're blind!
biggrin.gif
One day they will possibly understand.

I think the mindset has to do with the fact that most receivers and hi-fi's have bass and treble settings. Its more like a conditioning thing.
Bass compensates for 'feeling the music'.
Treble compensates for 'hearing the detail'.

They're both half-true, though.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #28 of 70
Quote:
I think I'm going to be sick >.<
And a few of my friends are telling me that their beats sound better than my HD800 setup.

thats cause it don't have as much bass as their beats unfortunately....
frown.gif

(which is actually a good thing, but therefore it won't please them)

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #29 of 70
Saw this on Youtube today, a guy compares the Beats Pros to the Beats LE Detox Pros. At least he said that they're the exact same! Only a $100 deference! :wink: If Beats was a good company, they'd call them Schiit (No, Schiit's too good for them, must say ****, sorry :p) edition Beats cons. :D

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #30 of 70
Anything that Beats Studio vs the others band earphonesto me Beat Studio is a just a piece of worthless junk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back