1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over bluetooth)?

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by anakchan, Mar 19, 2012.
Tags:
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
  1. esprithk
    just for your information, after checking aptX . c o m

MDR-1000X - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-100ABN - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-EX750BT - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-XB950N1 - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-XB950B1 - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-XB950BT - supports aptX, LDAC
    MDR-10RBT - supports aptX, LDAC
    WH-1000XM2 - supports aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
    WH-H900N - supports aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
    WI-H700 - supports aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
    WH-H800 - supports aptX, aptX HD, LDAC

NW-A40 (walkman) - supports aptX, LDAC
    NW-ZX300 (walkman) - supports aptX, aptX HD, LDAC

2. esprithk

Hi, if you want to select which Bluetooth transmission format, you must active "Developers' Options" in the Setting menu. (go to ABOUT THIS PHONE or something with similar meaning) You just need to tap 10 times at certain place on the phone info list.
    Once you can access "Developer's Options Menu", you can find an option that is about BT option (probably has aptX, aptX HD, and LDAC for you to choose).

3. esprithk

Then, I am quite sure that you probably like the sound of LDAC. It has more emotion than aptX and aptX HD.
    *it is just like the Qualcomm Aqstic DAC vs others like ESS, AKM, Burr Brown, or even to FPGA (of Chord Mojo or Sony), Qualcomm's DAC just feels dry.

Anyway, these are the latest smartphone model with latest Android OREO (version 8.0) that comes with LDAC supports,

HTC U11, U11+
    Huawei Mate10, Mate10 Pro
    Sony Xperia series
    Google Pixel 2

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. james444 Contributor
    I don't doubt that LDAC has (theoretically) enough bandwidth for lossless 16/44.1 transmission. I'm able to do the math, thanks.

What I'm saying is that I found no proof (a specification or official statement by Sony) that LDAC actually does lossless encoding for 16/44.1 content.

5. SparkOnShore
    How funny it sounds to me that you can hear the dryness of a DAC!! LOL!! You audiophiles (golden ears!!) for sure living with many placebo inside you!!!

6. SparkOnShore
    Forget the “dry” and “liquid” DACS and just try to enjoy music for a while!!! For God sakes!!

7. bigshot
    I had an DAC with great emotion once. Every time I played Tchaikovsky's Pathetique Symphony with it, it burst into tears! A dry DAC can be quenched by playing The Sons of the Pioneers singing "Cool Water" or Gene Kelly's "Singing in the Rain".

8. SparkOnShore
    !!! I like you even though I don’t know you bigshot!!! I am with you 100%!!!

9. bigshot
    We’re pals now!

10. SparkOnShore
    Hi pal !! Best wishes!!! And please avoid dry dacs!:)) For the good of Music !!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30