What age did you start drinking?
Jul 7, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #31 of 86
Too young IMO, 16, and like Ken36 also too many adventures with it until about 12 years ago and now a noncalorie drinker of mostly coffees
smily_headphones1.gif

/ Obligatory, "you're all gonna die" (as taken from the smoking thread)
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #33 of 86
I started at 17 or 18 when the legal age was 18. I only drank heavily a few times. I have limits to how much I can drink now for medical reasons and I have extended periods when I can't drink at all, but I still do enjoy a good beer or glass of wine. What I never did enjoy was getting drunk.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #34 of 86
I drank my first beer when I was 16, which is the legal age here. My reasons for starting to drink then had nothing to do with that though, but it was the first concert I attended that did the trick.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, I usually drink one or two beers each night and occasionally drink.... a lot, when with friends. In the weekends and when not with friends, I like a scotch.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #35 of 86
I started drinking when I was 18, the summer before my freshman year at college. I drank heavily just about every weekend at college, whether it be at frats or in the dorms with friends. While at home on summer break now, I also drink almost every weekend, but never on weeknights.

I knew people who drank starting freshman year of high school but I never had too many friends until my senior year. I'm glad I waited until I had a solid group of trustworthy friends before drinking to get drunk. It was definitely good to have people looking out for me while I was still figuring out my limit/developing safe (but still fun) drinking habits. I probably do drink a little too much, and I've had a few bad experiences, but I'm starting to become more mature with alcohol, in both how much I drink and how I handle myself when I'm intoxicated.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #36 of 86
it's really nice to see not everyone in the world is addicted to alcohol like the kids in the Towson facebook group seem to be. It makes me nervous, thinking if I'll have a hard time fitting in, with my whole not drinking and that stuff.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #37 of 86
I first drank sips of wine and such at a young age, 5-7. Got drunk at 14, turn 16 tomorrow, I've been drunk a few times, and I drink once a month, max, just to relax and have fun with friends.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #39 of 86
You're looking at one of the few here who does not drink by choice. I like myself too much.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #42 of 86
21, 2 years after the legal age here in Canada. Having an uncle who died from alcohol poisoning kinda freaked me out a bit, so I just never bothered. I like having one while I'm studying or occasionally before bed, it relaxes me nicely. Never really been drunk and never tried. Beer is it for me, I've tried various other stuff but it's just not tasty. Since all I drink for really is the taste of it, hard stuff holds no interest to me, I can taste the alcohol in the most watered down drink.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #44 of 86
13, 14, somewhere in there. I now go through about a six pack a month. Plus, you know, cooking with wine.

I've not been drunk, and have no plans to be. I don't get the attraction of it.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #45 of 86
I refused to drink until my first semester in college when I just said what the heck one night and joined the party that was conveniently the next door down the hall. First drink was a double shot of so-co. The next year after that is kind of a blur. Long story short, I ended up having to "clean myself up" for a semester after being "asked to leave". I ended up being re-admitted and didn't touch another drop until my 21st birthday. Now I have a few drinks or so a month and have to watch myself carefully as my liver has been somewhat compromised... Oh well, live and learn.

Now a days my drinks of choice are Guinness, Sam Adams, margaritas and Italian wines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back