What age did you start drinking?
Jul 8, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #46 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
13/14 started, 30 stopped everything. Not a drop since and now I'm closing in on 50 next month.

Congratulations! That's very impressive.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #47 of 86
Here is a toast, to those that don't need it! :wink:

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #48 of 86
12. Had my peak when I was 16 or 17. Down to 3 beers a week on average.

That's why I think setting the drinking limit to 21 is a bad idea. Drunk 22 year olds are much more dangerous for themselves and other people than drunk 17 years olds. Then again, you can't drive until you're 18 in Europe and I realize that people in the US depend on cars to bridge bigger distances.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #49 of 86
I'm currently 16 (soon to be 17). I only have had alcohol with parental permission. Hanging out with friends who don't drink (or smoke for that matter) probably helps as well. My parents have no issue with my consumption of occasional drinks with them or relatives.

From what I've tried of beer, I hate the taste.

I see no benefit to getting hammered. I like being in control of my actions.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #50 of 86
first i ever had a couple beers?

4th grade. i was in ireland and my parents were cool about it in the apartment we were in haha.

after that prolly 16-17. now im 19.

i drink quite a good amount before i am looped now. i can have like 10-15 mixed drinks and not have any real trouble. only point in my life where i ever vomited was when i had that many mixed drinks, than had 5 shots of Ice 101. didn't remember the rest of that night, so i didn't even remember throwing up. lucky me
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #52 of 86
sober. can't do **** when you're a sponsored athlete
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #53 of 86
First was around 13, I am now 17 and unlike everyone else in my high school I don't drink. Why? Because I haven't found anything that actually tastes good.

Jul 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #54 of 86
Had my first drink when I was 13 with the neighbours over the balcony. First some wine, when we ran out some Ballantines, my female neighbour went sick and I had a nice evening
wink.gif

Not that much after that but between 15 and 18 I drank a whole lot (and some other things). The more the better, the faster the better and everything that was drinkable went in, pure. Till one day I drank too much and thought I was gonna die, never touched the heavy stuff again, the smell of it alone still makes me wanna vomit.
Now I drink wine, I love red wine. 1 or 2 glasses at dinner almost every day. In the weekend, when we go out for dinnner it might be a little more
smily_headphones1.gif

Did quit the other stuff I used to do a lot, joints and the like I mean by that
tongue.gif

Alcoholic, maybe. At least I don't rob or kill people
cool.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #55 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First was around 13, I am now 17 and unlike everyone else in my high school I don't drink. Why? Because I haven't found anything that actually tastes good.

Ahhh don't worry, you just need to allow some time for your palate to mature.

I first got hammered on JB and cola at 12 I think, riding around on a push bike and causing havoc in my neighborhood. Now at 22 I have grown a great appreciation of wine and the antioxidants that come with it doesn't hurt either
wink.gif

Like they say, a glass of red a day keeps the doctors away.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #56 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more the better, the faster the better and everything that was drinkable went in, pure. Till one day I drank too much and thought I was gonna die, never touched the heavy stuff again, the smell of it alone still makes me wanna vomit.

Amen!!! my sort of bloke

I know what you mean when after you drink too much the smell makes you sick. I remember back in high school I sculled down 3/4 of a bottle of whisky and even till this day. ugh

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #58 of 86
Hmm, I'm 15 and a half and I'm drinking since I was 13 I think....
I drink about 2 beers and like 0.3 liter vodka. It's ok :p
The legal drinking age is 18 but they don't check ID's here
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #60 of 86
Had my first beer when I was either 18 or 19, along with all the other spirits and wines.

Did ANYONE like the taste of beer when they FIRST tried it? I think it took a couple occasions of drinking beer before I got accustomed to its taste. Canadian beer, hella strong
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back