What age did you start drinking?
Jul 8, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #61 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkyWay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen!!! my sort of bloke

It's not something I am extremely proud of though. Luckily I have grown more ambitions than seeing the bottom of a bottle as fast as I can.
It was a great time though, spent most of it at friends, not at bars, playing games and having loads of fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #62 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're looking at one of the few here who does not drink by choice. I like myself too much.

Umm, how does me enjoying a good beer translate into me not liking myself?

Elitist attitudes aren't cool.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #63 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, how does me enjoying a good beer translate into me not liking myself?

Elitist attitudes aren't cool.

Let me turn this around by saying:

"Umm, how does me liking myself translate into you not liking yourself?"

You're reading too much into it I'm afraid.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #64 of 86
Quote:

Let me turn this around by saying:

"Umm, how does me liking myself translate into you not liking yourself?"

You're reading too much into it I'm afraid.

Sounds pretty elitist to me.

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds pretty elitist to me.

Haha, well in that case you are looking at the poorest elitist on the planet!
^_^

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #66 of 86
Probably had my first drink sometime around age 10. My dad's always been really open about allowing us to try his beer or wine, or whatever else he's drinking at the time. Strangely enough I don't have a problem with alcohol and actually don't like the taste of most drinks, hence even now I'd much rather prefer a can of soda.
redface.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #67 of 86
i have been drinking more than one drink a week since i was about 14. my French family has always let me have a glass of wine when i nice one is opened, and at 24 now, i have a great respect and love for alcohol. i especially like a good single malt, any 'Bages' wine from Paulliac and eastern European pilsners.
yummy.

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #68 of 86
Quote:

Haha, well in that case you are looking at the poorest elitist on the planet!
^_^

I like your style.

Though to be honest, I almost replied with a "what the crap are you talking about, you daft elitist?" post myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

That is too say, I officially graduated today and have my Bachelor in my hands as I type. Hence, I am fairly tipsy. Music has never sounded better.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #69 of 86
I started drinking with the family, casually, when I was 14ish. I got drink the first time when I was 17. I got drunk with my family for the first time on St. Patrick's day this year at the age of 20.

Having my parents cheer me onto my 12th jello shot was an odd experience.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #70 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since all I drink for really is the taste of it, hard stuff holds no interest to me, I can taste the alcohol in the most watered down drink.

^ I recently invented a drink that you can't taste or smell anything....and it has an above average content. I call it a "Lollipop" and I have a feeling that it would be deadly if it entered bars. However, it is great for any friends who do not like drinks they can taste. - I am a Vodka Martini (with more vermouth than usual) kind of person or Tequila on the rocks with lime juice person. i would never order them on a date since they make you seem like a drunkard and I don't drink that much....maybe once every few days.

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #71 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I recently invented a drink that you can't taste or smell anything....and it has an above average content. I call it a "Lollipop" and I have a feeling that it would be deadly if it entered bars. However, it is great for any friends who do not like drinks they can taste. - I am a Vodka Martini (with more vermouth than usual) kind of person or Tequila on the rocks with lime juice person. i would never order them on a date since they make you seem like a drunkard and I don't drink that much....maybe once every few days.

Lollipop?? Haha.. That sounds like a Hawaiian Punch + Vodka concoction. That combination can be pretty potent if mixed correctly.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #72 of 86
Heh. Thought this should be a poll. I'm 27yo and have had one vodka and orange at the age of 23yo. That's the only drink I've ever had. :p I'm not religious and don't have any other major contributing factor (ie Islamic or whatever). I just have no urge for it.

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #73 of 86
Well, it all started when I was a wee lad, living in the UK (Now living in the US). So now that I have grown up, it seems to affect my driving a bit.......

Clarkson-On-Drugs1.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #74 of 86
^HAHA

BTW: The drink has three-four major ingredients, but I will let you know that it does have vodka and real lemonade in it. There are other things which are the key... other liquors....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back