What age did you start drinking?
Jul 10, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #76 of 86
When I started, the legal age in New Jersey was 18. We used to cross over the boarder from Pennsylvania where it was 21. On the subject of concoctions, the greatest drink I ever made was called a "Tangerine Dream" Grain alcohol and frozen tangerine juice. What a wallop. About a week ago out of desperation I mixed tequila and pineapple juice. Tart and refreshing. There must be a name for it, but I don't know it.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #77 of 86
Honestly, if you go to college, and don't hang out with the wrong crowd, there's no pressure to drink, and honestly, you shouldn't feel pressured to drink.

A few of my fraternity brothers drink, but I don't very often, in fact, haven't had a drink in months right now, but they're a great group and never pressured me to drink, ever, not even when I was pledging (we're dry), which is one of the things I found oddly different about them. You just gotta find the right group of friends and stick to what you believe in.

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^HAHA

BTW: The drink has three-four major ingredients, but I will let you know that it does have vodka and real lemonade in it. There are other things which are the key... other liquors....

Everclear and Grenadine

or

Everclear and Pucker Cherry Schnapps

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #79 of 86
15, its legal from 16 over here. anyway, i know its pretty bad for your brains. you kill of brain cells by the millions that you will never get back. but hey i'd rather die a couple of years to soon and have a good time in between than not getting to drink when i'm out once a week.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #80 of 86
the first time i had a drink i was probably eleven
drank only a little bit till i was 14
i drink regularly and quite a lot since i'm 16
I am 20 now and have settled down a bit but i will attend an university in October and move out so i might drink a little bit more again

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #82 of 86
Uh... you mean regularly or your first sip? Regularly, not yet and I'm 16. First sip was around 8 or 9? It was a Christmas Party and my parents let me try a glass of red wine LOL Nothing too bad. I think the more your exposed to it, the more you really just don't care for it. I have bottles of wine and vodka everywhere and my parents don't care if I drink a bottle, but I never have
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #83 of 86
Started drinking seriously in parties at 15... what a mess... Had my young days (I sound like an old gramps)

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #84 of 86
First time?

Ah yes. My first Electric Guitar.

My Dad bought me an Electric Guitar when I was about 17, maybe 16; I dunno. But our nextdoor neighbors were having a party one Friday night, and no; it was for grownups and I was just a kid and wasn't of course invited. Except one old guy who was invited was a Guitarist and I guess he made a comment about wishing he had a Guitar to play during the party.

When they called me over to "check out my Guitar and hear me play" I found the guitar suddenly taken out of my hand and replaced with some kinda drink with lots of Gin in it.

.....to this day; the smell of Gin makes me ill.

A few months later I was at another friends' house whose Mom had to leave for a while and she suggested we should get some Pizzas. I had never had Pizza before(this was about 1960/61 or so)so we ordered some Pizzas and when they arrived; my friend suggested that Pizza goes best with Beer, so we shared one of his Moms' Beers. First time I ever had a Beer.

Fast forward to when I turned 21 and had another beer to celebrate.

Then there were some wild Church Choir Parties starting in the 80s.

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #86 of 86
Started drinking at around 16 - beer mostly. Hard stuff came at around 22, and dropping $100 a night almost every night at Happy Hour.

20 years later, I drink Champagnes and Bordeauxs...maybe a cabarnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back