What age did you start drinking?
Jul 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 86
I have no rush starting my drinking habits. Maybe I'll start it on my 20s so I can move directly to whiskeys.

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #17 of 86
First time I drank I was 17. Now I drink mostly juice
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #18 of 86
I started at 13, stopped at 14, then started again at 16.
At the moment I'll have 2-3 drinks a week at most. Partly because I can't afford it, and partly because I'm not incredibly interested.

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 86
Wow, I feel like a grade A alcoholic reading through this thread!! Started drinking when I was 18 because I looked too young to drink before that. The amount varies from week to week...lets take this weekend....Friday night, had 6 bottles of a lovely czech lager called Boheme. Saturday night, went to a wedding and drank...erm...a lot. Sunday, nice quiet night, 3 cans of carling.

Hi, my name is Aaron and apparently I'm an alcy! ha ha.

This may clear things up...I'm from England! ha ha.

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #20 of 86
I'm 29 now.

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 86
First time I ever had a drink was the day I turned 21. I'm almost 23 now, and between then and now, I have drank a grand total of twice, including that first time.

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 86
I remember being a kid and my uncle making take small sips of heineken. First time really drank was at 19 (wedding reception thingy), but I never got addicted. I rarely ever drink, often going months, and even then like a sip of scotch or a few ounces of fruity crap. I drink coffee almost every day though.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #25 of 86
First started drinking normally was probably about 14/15, but couldn't get served anywhere so wasn't that regular. Started being able to get served in a few local pubs at 16, as did my mates, so that became once/twice a week. Only really picked up when i started to go to clubs and eventually went to uni. Was pretty hard on for the first year at uni, then went t-total for year, then lived in Sweden and started drinking again. Wouldn't say i drink that much, but i do like a glass of wine or a beer with dinner.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #26 of 86
19 or 20. I enjoy alcohol pretty regularly, but I hardly think it's to excess.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #27 of 86
I had little sips in my early teens. When I was sixteen I drank for the first time with my friends at a party to get drunk. My junior and senior year of high school I was "depressed" and drank every night if I was with someone else or not. First two years of college I drank a lot, probably every night with my roommate and other random people in my dorm. This year I have been having maybe three beers a week.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #29 of 86
I'm not sure why I want to post in this thread, because I hate drinking >:\

My first real sip of anything alcohol related was a cold bottle of Heineken when I was 13. After-taste was *not* pleasant, hated beer ever since.

Nowadays I would not drink a single sip of alcohol except red/white wine during proper meals... and Vodka (very occasional too). Yes I fail at drinking, never my thing :\

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #30 of 86
Apart from akki007 nobody seems to enjoy a drink. I have to confess there is nothing better after a hard days work than a couple of ice cold beers.

Normally enjoy a decent bottle of wine a bit later in the evening with some food.

Once the weekend starts anything can happen !!!!!!!!

I'm also originally for Manchester in the UK ( same as akki007 ). Must be something we are taught at school
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
. If I remember rightly I was about 14 or 15 when I had my first bottle of woodpecker cider .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back