What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 17, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #13,639 of 14,566
EAC is a great tool to rip CD:s with. I’ve used it a lot. When I moved to Mac I started using dbPowerAmp which also is a great tool for ripping CD:s.

Moreover, both can use the “AccurateRip” database which helps my CD-ripping nervosa by telling me if my rips concur with the majority of other people’s rips of the same CD or not (even down to different issues and pressings).

May 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #13,640 of 14,566
EAC is a great tool to rip CD:s with. I’ve used it a lot. When I moved to Mac I started using dbPowerAmp which also is a great tool for ripping CD:s.

Moreover, both can use the “AccurateRip” database which helps my CD-ripping nervosa by telling me if my rips concur with the majority of other people’s rips of the same CD or not (even down to different issues and pressings).

+1 for dbPowerAmp - it's a great tool for ripping CDs.

May 17, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #13,641 of 14,566
What if the majority of other people's rips are wrong? :wink:

(I am glad I don't suffer from that sort of nervosa.)

May 17, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #13,646 of 14,566
What if the majority of other people's rips are wrong? :wink:

(I am glad I don't suffer from that sort of nervosa.)
I assume this is tongue-in-cheek, but in the case it's not, everyone else's rips would need to be in accurate in exactly the same way, which with any decent sample size would be statistically impossible.

The idea is to verify your rips without having to listen to each second of them listening for audio glitches.

May 17, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #13,648 of 14,566
I assume this is tongue-in-cheek, but in the case it's not, everyone else's rips would need to be in accurate in exactly the same way, which with any decent sample size would be statistically impossible.

The idea is to verify your rips without having to listen to each second of them listening for audio glitches.
I was answering tongue in cheek but also being serious that I don't care if my rip is the same as everyone else's. I just want the music.

May 17, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #13,649 of 14,566
USB ports on some PCs have a lot of electrical noise that reaches the DAC via the USB cable.
No USB involved anywhere. Server -> ethernet -> laptop -> ethernet -> streamer. Other path was server->ethernet->streamer.

May 17, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #13,650 of 14,566
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back