What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 3, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #11,103 of 14,566
Could revenge be a motive......?

1ikjnn.jpg

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #11,105 of 14,566
Whats a single cup of coffee? :ksc75smile:

Thanks to the advice here, I'm actually leaning towards the clever dripper. I just can't decide between the large or the small. The small probably makes more sense for me because when I do a pour over, it's usually on the weekends, and (wait for it...) I only want a single cup of coffee. Hey, I gots to fight the addiction somewhere, right?

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #11,106 of 14,566
Thanks to the advice here, I'm actually leaning towards the clever dripper. I just can't decide between the large or the small. The small probably makes more sense for me because when I do a pour over, it's usually on the weekends, and (wait for it...) I only want a single cup of coffee. Hey, I gots to fight the addiction somewhere, right?

Resistance is futile.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #11,107 of 14,566
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #11,109 of 14,566
I've had both - get the larger one that uses number 4 filters. It is easier to use even when making single cups - or mugs - in my opinion.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #11,110 of 14,566
I've had both - get the larger one that uses number 4 filters. It is easier to use even when making single cups - or mugs - in my opinion.

Thanks! That's exactly the insight I was looking for, and kept me from making a purchasing choice I might later regret. Plus I already have a stock of #4 filters. Off to go place the order...

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #11,112 of 14,566

Get the large. It works fine for smaller amounts, but lets you make you up to about 18 ounces if you need it. I make a 14 ounce mugful in the mornings with mine, but have made great 8 ounce cups for my wife with it too. just adjust the amount of coffee accordingly.

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #11,114 of 14,566
I'm more or less done with Berlin music - unless I go to the Orangerie in Schloss Charlottenburg to listen to Mozart and Haydn performed by musicians in eighteenth century costume. Figaro in London should be fun - and I'm seeing stuff at Wigmore Hall most nights. Hopefully I'll get up to Stratford upon Avon to see Measure for Measure as well.

I think the Staatsoper and the Pierre Boulez Saal are probably the best acoustics in the city - the Philharmonie is bigger and so the decay is commensurately longer. Not so long as the Concertgebouw, though, of course. The only acoustics I really dislike are the seats at the Komische Oper in the second ring that are not physically inside the auditorium. The view is unobstructed, but you sit on the outside of a big wide arch, so many of the reflections and refractions of sound are simply unavailable, though you can hear a portion of the sound still. I wish I had been able to go to the Rudfunk recording space out in Westend - and the kleine saal at the Philharmonie. Also the many chamber halls on either side of the Konzerthaus. There are like four or five. It's crazy. They double as places to schmooze during intermission. I also wish I had gone to the Pastoral Symphony with the Akademie für Alte Musik.

Ah well, two and a half weeks left. Next adventure is the new coffee grinder :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back