What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 27, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #5,312 of 14,566
I miss a day on this thread which sometimes doesn't have much going on for a week or more and it explodes with C=coffee, not 256! I am so lost and befuddled. I feel like such a dork....my C skills are pitiful.... I don't even drink the stuff everyday. I will crawl under a rock after posting this..... when Cozzi sees this he will hurl his colanders at me.........

next step to 60 second espresso flavored blend....

Ooooops, do not forget this step so you're not full of Schiit......

Looks just like my morning layout except my mug says “father time can kick the schiit out of you.”

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #5,313 of 14,566
Just made a double shot (and then a double latte) with my new Colombian roast from Ritual. Acidic, but not as bad as the Nicaraguan from Verve.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #5,314 of 14,566
Love my gumby. Yggy too big for me.

I have a Mimby and am so torn between the Gumby and the Yggy...

Gumby: Smaller, better looks IMO, half the price, newer release/design than Yggy
Yggy: Top of the line but massive, expensive, older design

What makes it worse is that I don't think I can trust older reviews, Schiit is always upgrading and improving things like USB gen 5 so the differences between the Gumby and Yggy might be smaller than they were in the past! Or larger...

I guess the only way to know for sure is to visit the Schiitr!

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread, here's some coffee!
Sawada-Coffee-10DEC2015-0031.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,315 of 14,566
hawaiin kona for me this morning, cap with froth....chord owners classy....:0)

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,316 of 14,566
Love the latte art. That's one thing I'm still schiit at. Can't make latte art for the life of me. My Breville Dual Boiler (920XL) has an excellent steam wand but I think I need a tutor to guide me through the process formally.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #5,317 of 14,566
This is the crux of the problem. I will be 76 by the time these things pass into the public domain, on the off chance we've avoided cataclysmic climate change and a nuclear holocaust...

Don't forget the asteroid strike or the super mega nova from afar...

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #5,321 of 14,566
I miss a day on this thread which sometimes doesn't have much going on for a week or more and it explodes with C=coffee, not 256! I am so lost and befuddled. I feel like such a dork....my C skills are pitiful.... I don't even drink the stuff everyday. I will crawl under a rock after posting this..... when Cozzi sees this he will hurl his colanders at me.........

Be not ashamed! There are infinite ways to be a "connoisseur", and no one can do all. One can be a Philistine who doesn't like artisanal tea, and still be a car snob who looks down their nose at Toyota Camry drivers.
(or any other combination: don't care about fine "timepieces" or Renaissance art, but be a connoisseur of old guitars, or rare Beanie Babies, or whatever)

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #5,322 of 14,566
I was at the rehearsal of a little chamber music group.
4 stringers and 1 pianist.
I asked them to play a piece in Verdi pitch (without the pianist) and guess what.
It was almost not possible to not to correct for the lower pitch.
Probably it will take a generation, bred in this pitch from the get go, to accomplish a smooth concert.
One of the most famous violinists and conductors in this time (Jaap van Zweden) once defined one of the characteristic of a top violinist as the speed in which he/she could correct his/her tune.
I guess it has to be etched into the brains and muscle memory.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #5,324 of 14,566
I have a Mimby and am so torn between the Gumby and the Yggy...

Gumby: Smaller, better looks IMO, half the price, newer release/design than Yggy
Yggy: Top of the line but massive, expensive, older design

What makes it worse is that I don't think I can trust older reviews, Schiit is always upgrading and improving things like USB gen 5 so the difference between the Gumby and Yggy might be smaller than they were in the past! Or larger...

I guess the only way to know for sure is to visit the Schiitr!

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread, here's some coffee!
Sawada-Coffee-10DEC2015-0031.jpg
Extraordinary!
I captured the image to my library for future use.
Never know when latte art may accentuate a thread :)

Oct 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #5,325 of 14,566
I think ultimately I do prefer blends to single origin, but I will need to be more careful about only accepting city roasts.

Should be at the Schiitr shortly after 11:45 am tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back