What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 16, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #14,327 of 14,566
Mine showed similar but I found it a bit light, and my mechanical scale is in ounces so bumped it up a bit at a time until I was happy.

I am at least consistent - US Customary for both beans and water volume. I deal enough with metric at work and the headache that causes with American suppliers to not deal with it at home.
It is scoops and cups for me and my French press, or for pour overs. I have no idea what the scoop actually holds, in weight or volume.

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #14,328 of 14,566
With respect to the above requested discussions, I begin with Urd. Between redesigning all of our engines under duress due to supply chain issues I made an inadvertently fubar choice in violation of Moffat’s law number 2: “Early adopters always end up uncomfortably penetrated.” The early adoption of surface mount USB C connectors seemed like a proper idea for a new kind of USB out as well as Aux in transport. What could go wrong? Nothing, right? Only that the 1st generation connectors frequently fail in one direction only with the result that the connectors would work with only one of the two possible connection directions working. It was a classic moment of face-palming when I realized finally all I had to do was flip the USB C cable to make the thing finally work. With all of the distractions, it only took a couple of years to figure that out.

So we now have a dozen and a half beta transports for eval soon. (Please do NOT PM me or Denise just yet as we still have a final bug fix software update that Ivana should have done this week.) Stay tuned. I would tell you exactly when if I knew. I repeat, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME about this. Thanks.

Thank you for explaining this. In fact, it may be an explanation for some of our company laptops that refuse to handle external displays. Never thought about reversing the cable, because USBC is sold on how the cable is connected doesn't matter. I'm sure we've had several service calls and logic board replacements over this issue and your description adds color to the reason. Almost as bad is that while USBC cables may look the same physically, there are significant differences between usb 3.1, 3.1 generation 2, Thunderbolt 3, and Thunderbolt 3 active cables. The later 2 handle displays, the first 2 don't reliably. USBC was supposed to be magic, right?

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #14,330 of 14,566
I'd like to know what connectivity will be available on the back of URD?

Jun 16, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #14,331 of 14,566
The 17:1 ratio is fashionable in third wave coffee. I prefer something a touch stronger. I usually do 30g of coffee to 330-350g of water, so between 11-12:1.

I suppose imperial is fine when you’re doing brew coffee, but for espresso it’s simply too coarse a measurement for the tenths of a gram in question. But mixing is always bad.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #14,332 of 14,566
The 17:1 ratio is fashionable in third wave coffee. I prefer something a touch stronger. I usually do 30g of coffee to 330-350g of water, so between 11-12:1.

I suppose imperial is fine when you’re doing brew coffee, but for espresso it’s simply too coarse a measurement for the tenths of a gram in question. But mixing is always bad.
For brewed and pour over, I use 30g coffe/500g water. Works for me. I adjust the grind setting if I would like future cups to be more/less strong.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #14,333 of 14,566
The sooner you give up imperial for coffee the happier you will be!!!

Degrees Celsius for your water, grams for beans and water! Grams for beans and imperial for water breaks my brain - don’t do it!!

Florence airport has six gates. I can’t believe how tiny it is.

1357A9AD-52F5-4EFB-92A9-5C4F9303CE35.jpeg
I remember the airport there as being small yet spacious.

Now if you want to visit a small airport fly into Santa Fe, but you'd best hurry. Our current 2 gate airport is being expanded by 50%! We'll soon have 3 full gates for your travel convenience. Daily flights to Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas. :smiley_cat:

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #14,334 of 14,566

Now if you want to visit a small airport fly into Santa Fe, but you'd best hurry. Our current 2 gate airport is being expanded by 50%! We'll soon have 3 full gates for your travel convenience. Daily flights to Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas. :smiley_cat:
Like Melbourne, FL - airport runway large enough for the Antonov-225, C-5, or A380, and for the longest time 6 flights a day. Morning, noon, and evening to Atlanta and Charlotte.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #14,336 of 14,566

Loved Santa Fe! Was there for the Opera last year. That airport is human size :)

Jun 17, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #14,337 of 14,566
Like Melbourne, FL - airport runway large enough for the Antonov-225, C-5, or A380, and for the longest time 6 flights a day. Morning, noon, and evening to Atlanta and Charlotte.
Melbourne FL is a great little airport. Emphasis on little. Parking to gate, with security check, can be less than 30 min.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #14,338 of 14,566
Melbourne FL is a great little airport. Emphasis on little. Parking to gate, with security check, can be less than 30 min.
Like Mobile (never had to wait in the 1 security line/machine), Pensacola is a close second for how quick it takes to go through. Pittsburgh first one in the morning sucks - thankfully the alternative security checkpoint is missed by most people, and the ones that do use it seem to fly more and go through the line quickly. Still took over an hour and that was without a checkin or bag drop needed.

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #14,339 of 14,566
Moffatt's law #1: If it sounds like ass going in, it'll sound like ass coming out.

I had hoped to go to Santa Fe august 3-5 for M Butterfly, Falstaff, and Tristan, but alas my presence is required at the Yuba river that weekend. I will be seeing Falstaff here in Berlin and Tristan (hopefully) in Seattle this fall anyway. And I did see Tristan 3 times at the Staatsoper in 2019.

Florence was lovely but too hot. I hope to return to Tuscany perhaps in the spring. I see it has 10 gates, not 6. My apologies.

I am now in Berlin and came upon this interesting shopping destination.
3D219D11-903F-44ED-8C27-28784590C61F.jpeg

Jun 18, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #14,340 of 14,566
Thanks for the coffee measurement tips. Grams for water is proving to be more accurate and easier then fluid ounces.

Also, testing the waters to see how music humor is received.

Attachments

• E49EBAD6-8E26-4454-8F6B-B326C6943354.jpeg
    E49EBAD6-8E26-4454-8F6B-B326C6943354.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back