What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Nov 9, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,293 of 14,565
  .... and I thought all minions were male..........    
blink.gif

Minions perhaps, but henchwomen are totally a thing.

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #1,295 of 14,565
  Today, officially we have a new addition to the Schiit R&D team. Dr. Ivana (pronounced eevana) joined us full time today after her completion of a four week research and coding exercise related to the Manhattan project. Much of her doctoral research dealt with musically derived moods, and her Bachelor’s and Master’s are both in Computer Science. Her initial project is to  derive algorithms and write code for Manhattan, which means we will have a better, cheaper, and less hardware intensive Manhattan.

Dave and myself integrate well with her, and she is quirky enough to fit right in as a Schiitster. This bodes well for not only the Manhattan, but many other we projects that we may finally consider producing.

I just want to quote that part. Well dang, I might be Schiit for life now. The bolded part greatly interest me.

Nov 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,296 of 14,565
Went to a transcendently beautiful Aïda last night at SF Opera. The soprano was just what a Verdi soprano should be: powerful, but with a mellifluous, luxurious tone.  As tomb scene progressed—O terra, addio!—I saw on my apple watch that the AP had called the race.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to listen to the opera again without weeping.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #1,299 of 14,565
I happened to be listening to a lot of Leonard Cohen lately. Many I've thoroughly enjoyed!
Here is a great one for today: "Going Home" (Album: Old Ideas)

I love to speak with Leonard
He’s a sportsman and a shepherd
He’s a lazy person
Living in a suit

But he does say what I tell him
Even though it isn’t welcome
He just doesn't have the freedom
To refuse

He will speak these words of wisdom
Like a sage, a man of vision
Though he knows he’s really nothing
But the brief elaboration of a tube

Going home
Without my sorrow
Going home
Sometime tomorrow
Going home
To where it’s better
Than before

Going home
Without my burden
Going home
Behind the curtain
Going home
Without the costume
That I wore

He wants to write a love song
An anthem of forgiving
A manual for living with defeat

A cry above the suffering
A sacrifice recovering
But that isn’t what I need him
To complete

I want him to be certain
That he doesn’t have a burden
That he doesn’t need a vision
That he only has permission
To do my instant bidding
Which is to say what I have told him
To repeat

Going home
Without my sorrow
Going home
Sometime tomorrow
Going home
To where it’s better
Than before

Going home
Without my burden
Going home
Behind the curtain
Going home
Without this costume
That I wore

Going home
Without the sorrow
Going home
Sometime tomorrow
Going home
To where it’s better
Than before

Going home
Without the burden
Going home
Behind the curtain
Going home
Without this costume
That I wore

I love to speak with Leonard
He’s a sportsman and a shepherd
He’s a lazy person
Living in a suit​

A great artist. R.I.P. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,303 of 14,565
  Today, officially we have a new addition to the Schiit R&D team. Dr. Ivana (pronounced eevana) joined us full time today after her completion of a four week research and coding exercise related to the Manhattan project. Much of her doctoral research dealt with musically derived moods, and her Bachelor’s and Master’s are both in Computer Science. Her initial project is to  derive algorithms and write code for Manhattan, which means we will have a better, cheaper, and less hardware intensive Manhattan.

Dave and myself integrate well with her, and she is quirky enough to fit right in as a Schiitster. This bodes well for not only the Manhattan, but many other we projects that we may finally consider producing.

The Original Manhattan Project was to build Nukes. What Exactly are You, Dave and Dr. Ivana Up to with Version 2.0?  It seems you Guys and Now Lady are building your own little Skunk works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back