What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #10,055 of 14,566
So DXD is a PCM encoding of a DSD file? Yea... sounds useless to me unless you are trying to edit DSD files. Why not just stick with PCM and avoid the two steps of encoding? I suspect it is not something Schiit will care to deal with.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #10,056 of 14,566
DXD has NOTHING to do with DSD. It is 24/384 and 24/352.8 PCM. The megaburito filter operates at these levels AFAIK. There is a 8x light on the front of the Yggy which is there for this very purpose, just in case. Maybe someday. There is more and more stuff being recorded at these levels. Not all boutique labels either. The upcoming Patricia Barber album was recorded in DXD for example. Whether it will be offered at this rate to the public is another story.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #10,057 of 14,566
lol somebody doesn't like my sense of humor. No classical music this weekend, but next weekend and the weekend following will be a mega-crunch - in brief:

Anne Sofie von Otter (Philharmonia Baroque)
Liszt PC 2/Brahms 1 (SFS)
Tamerlano (SFCM)

Mozart VC3, Sib 2
Esa Pekka 1
Sleeping Beauty
Esa Pekka 2
Esa Pekka 3

the trips to berkeley in particular will be draining

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #10,058 of 14,566
DXD has NOTHING to do with DSD. It is 24/384 and 24/352.8 PCM. The megaburito filter operates at these levels AFAIK. There is a 8x light on the front of the Yggy which is there for this very purpose, just in case. Maybe someday. There is more and more stuff being recorded at these levels. Not all boutique labels either. The upcoming Patricia Barber album was recorded in DXD for example. Whether it will be offered at this rate to the public is another story.
So,it’s a recording studio technology not a consumer technology. If that’s the case I believe your inquiry has been answered in several posts from Schiit.

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #10,062 of 14,566

The megaburito filter upsamples to "these" levels but does not operate at "these" levels. If Yggdrasil were capable of taking in 24/384 and 24/352.8 PCM and that is what you fed it, the megaburrito filter would not be used it would act as a NOS DAC at that point. That doesn't mean that Mike couldn't change that.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #10,063 of 14,566
lOXPdsd.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back