What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 17, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #6,061 of 14,566
Dec 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #6,065 of 14,566
I have read his posts, but your added comments were insulting. Where did you become the music expert? It was so enjoyable the last couple days where you did not comment on everything. Start your own thread, please.

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #6,067 of 14,566
I know Mike said the gadget wouldn't really work well with genres such as electronic, but I'm still excited to test it out anyway. I can't wait to buy one as soon as I can after it's out. I'm really looking forward to playing through most (if not all) of my CD collection to see how awesome it is. I hope there are many unexpected moments of frisson while using the gadget.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #6,068 of 14,566
Are there any plans to remove the cancelled prototype from the Schiitr? Or to update it as progress continues on its successor? I will be in town starting this weekend and hope to deepen my understanding of the gadget with an extended listening session, ideally with the HD800 or LCD-XC that hopefully have been returned after their RMAF-related absence.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #6,069 of 14,566
Daughter and I are going to the Met to see Tosca from the cheap seats.

Any suggestions/tips on how to navigate Lincoln Center?

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #6,070 of 14,566
The below is a few pages late, but I cannot resist:

[SNIP] . As I got to know him, he shared Mr. Levine's preferences, known well to all involved with him professionally, including the Met who hired him in spite [SNIP]
[SNIP] Another Theta customer was a very famous film composer, who shared many similar sordid stories about motion picture producers, directors, and agents of all kinds who could have not continued without massive corruption. [SNIP]
[SNIP] ... Washington Huskies specifically. These players were involved in activities such as rape, armed robbery, stabbings, shootings, assault, and serial drunk/drugged driving.. [SNIP]
Now, if we have some Schiit employee behaving as above we will find a way to get rid of him, even given California's very forgiving employment laws. We have no direct reason to keep such people for hours, much less for decades. Makes me grateful to be in a biz which lacks sufficient money to be corrupt on any other than very petty levels. Also it is much easier for me to sleep at night.

Edited quote for length...

I was gonna comment on Levine, but I decided that on a public forum, better wait until a court of law decides (if ever)

You also touched one another of my pet peeves - I really wish big sports program colleges would stop being feeders to both the NFL and the NBA - it corrupts schools and makes them lose focus of their true mission - think Sandowski/Paterno as one of the worst examples, but even the ones the are not involved in wrong doing, I think it's obscene that these sport programs exist that do nothing but feed the program itself with the money the athletes never see (unless they make it to the NFL/NBA - how many do?)...

I am surprised re: your comment on CA employment's laws - I have worked in CA pretty much all my life; as an "at-will" state, they get rid of us pretty easy... CA Tenant laws on the other hand...

v

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #6,071 of 14,566
I love those images, especially the climbing one. I do quite a bit of actual climbing and skiing on places like this or this, and mountain ascents and descents are the imagery most readily evoked in my mind by great abstract music.(snip)
An Alpine Symphony - Richard Strauss......... :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #6,072 of 14,566
Is it CA tenant laws? I thought it was just SF, Oakland, Berkeley, and various parts of LA. Rent control is municipal. (My pet peeve, by contrast, are the zoning laws that constrain supply and make rent control politically popular.)

Speaking of having "touched" on one of your pet peeves — have you heard the title to Sandusky's "f you karma!" 2001 autobiography?

EDIT: Go to Joe the art of coffee.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #6,073 of 14,566
Edited quote for length...

I was gonna comment on Levine, but I decided that on a public forum, better wait until a court of law decides (if ever)

You also touched one another of my pet peeves - I really wish big sports program colleges would stop being feeders to both the NFL and the NBA - it corrupts schools and makes them lose focus of their true mission - think Sandowski/Paterno as one of the worst examples, but even the ones the are not involved in wrong doing, I think it's obscene that these sport programs exist that do nothing but feed the program itself with the money the athletes never see (unless they make it to the NFL/NBA - how many do?)...

I am surprised re: your comment on CA employment's laws - I have worked in CA pretty much all my life; as an "at-will" state, they get rid of us pretty easy... CA Tenant laws on the other hand...

v
It really depends on the size of your company. A small company can fire people "at will" without much risk of blow back, there is a much larger risk for larger companies that perform such "at will" firing.

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #6,074 of 14,566
Daughter and I are going to the Met to see Tosca from the cheap seats.

Any suggestions/tips on how to navigate Lincoln Center?

No suggestions, but man oh man, that's my favorite Puccini, everybody dies by the end. Simply fantastic!

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #6,075 of 14,566
I am really looking forward to the final development of The Gadget, to see it launch, and to start reading reviews from the community here on Mike's blog.
I doubt that any of us actually know "how" it works...that's the proprietary software developed my Mike and the Good Doctor at Schiit Audio.

I am cool with that.
And, with @basstrombone having parties with friends tuning their t-bones down to A=432, and enjoying the sound difference, that's good enough for me!

I'm also looking forward to experimenting with the pitch of my system via the JRiver change suggested by @johnjen - will test it this week!

Cheers All,
RCB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back