Westone W80
Jan 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #316 of 1,446

I'm not so sure if ES50 will be universal version of UM Pro50 or W50.  I have ES60 and W60 and those are two differently tuned monitors.

um.... yes it is.  The um pro50 is the universal version of the es50 see it says it they are the same about 38 seconds in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6EHPkgN5Bo.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #317 of 1,446
Um, I was going to purchase the um pro50, but got scared t was afraid it would be similar to my 4r
Which I was 50/50 with it. Now I do feel that the w80 pulls away from my es50. It's that on some tracks
The custom tight fitted es59 sound amazing with very little volume, I can easily blow my ears off. Man we are in good times with portables more so than perhaps the future. I remember when SACD flopped and mini disc was a
Bust. Anyway I'm enjoying what I have for now I have way to many toys.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #318 of 1,446
I wish CamJam was the week before or after. I bought a few tickets without thinking it was Super Bowl weekend. If I do end up going, I will also bring my W80 for people to audition. To me, they are by far the best high end IEM to travel with. The sound is natural and detailed, they come with a great cable, and the size and lightness is incredible with that many drivers. 

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #319 of 1,446
  I wish CamJam was the week before or after. I bought a few tickets without thinking it was Super Bowl weekend. If I do end up going, I will also bring my W80 for people to audition. To me, they are by far the best high end IEM to travel with. The sound is natural and detailed, they come with a great cable, and the size and lightness is incredible with that many drivers. 

You can go just on Saturday?  Get to NYC on Friday, enjoy the show on Saturday and fly back home at night
wink.gif
  Thinking I will attend it on Saturday only, if everything goes as planned.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #320 of 1,446

You can go just on Saturday?  Get to NYC on Friday, enjoy the show on Saturday and fly back home at night
wink.gif
  Thinking I will attend it on Saturday only, if everything goes as planned.

That's what I was thinking. I currently live in Boston but am originally from close to NYC. If the Giants or Patriots make the Super Bowl then I most likely can't attend. Hopefully it will all work out. I was planning on bringing some of the harder to find IEMs that I own like the Jomo Audio Genesis and Kumitate Lab Trio so people can audition. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #322 of 1,446
I'm going to canjam just got a couple of tickets. First time for me can't wait.
I need some t shirts for sure

Uh, so you are going to CanJam because you need some t-shirts?
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #324 of 1,446
  Has anyone else got their hands on the W80? Would like to hear more impressions...

Ive had it for over a month now and really enjoy it. I think it might depend on some individual preference though. They have a very open and airy sound signature. The music isn't up in your face but more laid back and relaxing if that makes any sense. The detail and separation is still there, but just in a very different way than an IEM like the Campfire Vega. I find them to be the perfect IEM when traveling because of the portability and laid back sound. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #325 of 1,446

Has anyone else got their hands on the W80? Would like to hear more impressions...

Ive had it for over a month now and really enjoy it. I think it might depend on some individual preference though. They have a very open and airy sound signature. The music isn't up in your face but more laid back and relaxing if that makes any sense. The detail and separation is still there, but just in a very different way than an IEM like the Campfire Vega. I find them to be the perfect IEM when traveling because of the portability and laid back sound. 

Yeah, portability is bar none (I sound like a broken record keep bringing up how small the shell it considering 8 drivers).  I also want to add, source pair up can play important role too.  When dealing with warmer/darker source, those tend to pair up better with more neutral/brighter C/IEMs.

Are you using W80 with Ref8 cable?  I think Ref8 also pairs up great with Ken's Vega
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #326 of 1,446

Yeah, portability is bar none (I sound like a broken record keep bringing up how small the shell it considering 8 drivers).  I also want to add, source pair up can play important role too.  When dealing with warmer/darker source, those tend to pair up better with more neutral/brighter C/IEMs.

Are you using W80 with Ref8 cable?  I think Ref8 also pairs up great with Ken's Vega
wink.gif

I am, and I also have another one on the Vega too. The w80 and the Vega are a great duo. I typically use the w80 with the WM1Z or the LPG. I feel they bring out the w80 a bit more than the opus 2 or AK380. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #327 of 1,446

wink.gif

Can anyone comment about the bass of the W80? Is it elevated, or in line with the rest of the frequency? The reason I like the W30 better than the W40 or W60 is the slightly elevated bass and treble. I find the other W's a bit boring. I'd really like to see frequency graphs of the entire line.

They are incredibly small earpieces. I'd like to see how they look inside. They're by far the most comfortable IEMs I've tried, including customs.

Has anyone heard W80 with Hugo or Mojo?

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #328 of 1,446
Quote:

wink.gif

Can anyone comment about the bass of the W80? Is it elevated, or in line with the rest of the frequency? The reason I like the W30 better than the W40 or W60 is the slightly elevated bass and treble. I find the other W's a bit boring. I'd really like to see frequency graphs of the entire line.

They are incredibly small earpieces. I'd like to see how they look inside. They're by far the most comfortable IEMs I've tried, including customs.

All your answers are in my W80 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-w80-eight-driver-system-with-dual-bass-dual-mid-and-quad-high-78508/reviews/17578

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #329 of 1,446

All your answers are in my W80 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-w80-eight-driver-system-with-dual-bass-dual-mid-and-quad-high-78508/reviews/17578

I read your review previously. Just re-read - it's fantastic.

If it holds its own with the K10, as your review implies, I'd be impressed indeed! I'll try to get a demo at some point.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #330 of 1,446

My review should be out early next week...and part of it was indeed with the Mojo. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back