Westone UM3X Thread
Apr 15, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #2,986 of 4,413
Hi everyone, I've just purchased a UM3x. When online for the additional 1 year warranty. After filling up the application form, and entering the verification code. While trying to submit, it always claim that my verification code is entered wrongly. Anyone have this issue as well?

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #2,988 of 4,413
Meh i could not wait for the detachable cable version. I am desperate for an IEM right now, as my im716 just died. The cables of the im716 are horrible, and i managed to let them at a decent condition for 2 years. For westone cables, i presume it will last even longer (i hope at least). I always use the cables inside my shirt anyway, so common threats dissapear
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #2,990 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaterator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, I've just purchased a UM3x. When online for the additional 1 year warranty. After filling up the application form, and entering the verification code. While trying to submit, it always claim that my verification code is entered wrongly. Anyone have this issue as well?

Their site is sensitive to which browser you use. It doesn't work with Chrome, I know that much...

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #2,993 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their site is sensitive to which browser you use. It doesn't work with Chrome, I know that much...

Well, but I'm using IE. I've sent westone an email and still no reply

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #2,996 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not without an insert from a used Comply foamie, as the sleeves are a tad too big to fit snugly on the UM3X.

So, the ones that fit the Shure SE models will fit then?

Looking for some tips on ebay. I got the triple flange already. Any other recs?

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2,997 of 4,413
Well, from what I've seen on my pair of Shure Olives, they were still too big and I had to use an insert, like the silicone tips. HOWEVER, I had been using the olives on a pair of Super.Fi 3's which stretched them out like crazy, so I can't give you a definite answer.

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2,998 of 4,413
Hi guys,

I've had the UM3X for about a month now and totally loving it. However I think I've noticed a drop in bass response recently for some reason in both ears. I knows its unlikely for both bass drivers to go out, but for piece of mind I'd like to perform some frequency tests to see if they are still there.

So does anyone know the frequency range of the bass driver in particular?

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #3,000 of 4,413
If you're using Comply tips make sure that the end of the tip isn't folding over the end. That happened to me a couple of times but after I went and cut all of the tips off of my comply's, I don't have this problem anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back